Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who loves training events on your days off??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big diff between ALPA and non ALPA carriers apparently. Oh thats right, ALPA is a pilots union.

Training on your days off SUX. Esp if you have kids and family. Thanks management. Glad I could be a team player at your gain and my expense....again.

Heck, even at lowly, Teamster run RAH, our training days are all scheduled days on. They are bid for in advance, come with set pay credit, and count towards the monthly line value. Even with training, you are still entitled to 12 days off (11 days off reserve).

no training on days off!!

Not where I am!! Training will be put into one's schedule and the work week will shift, but you'll still end up with the same amount of days off during the month. So a pilot will not lose time off.

i.e. finish a work week, 4 days off, 7 on (trn week/work), then 10 days off. Then back to normal work week.

In a past life the airline I worked for would have ya train on your days off. It sucked!! They also charged ya for your uniforms and 35% of the medical coverage. I did get to keep the really cool black leather jacket when I left. Also was stuck with the US Air looking uniform after becoming a "real" airline. That's a whole different story.

I do! woo hoo!

so does your airline give the the great pleasure of doing training on your days off?

I am so glad that I work for the industry gem.

They suck, Suupah! Same thing happened with me, changed my line around to accomodate moving my PC to the following week (to accomodate THEM). So, instead of having 13/14 off, I now have 11. The fat women at HQs don't care.

lost 5 hours of block too. yay!!!! could be worse. one guy i talked to is now 11 days off and lost about 21 hours of block.

Latest resources

Back