• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Who loves training events on your days off??

suupah

Total Time
I do! woo hoo!

so does your airline give the the great pleasure of doing training on your days off?

I am so glad that I work for the industry gem.

on autopilot

Go ahead, pull my finger.
Total Time
whoa!
I do! woo hoo!

so does your airline give the the great pleasure of doing training on your days off?

Who do you work for? If you go in on youe days off, isn't your employer suppose to give you a make up day? Unless you work for "MESSA".

suupah

Total Time
You mean like compensatory days off?

I don't think they can even spell it. oh wait, yes they can.......N-O-P-E

McNugent

Whatever...
Total Time
Don't you have the choice to bid for your training events? Some people might want them on their off days so they can build up their credits for the month.

turbinesurgeon

Total Time
5000+
Horizon will always schedule training events on your days off. Last reccurent I had was 2 days off in a 15 day period and switching AM PM PM AM PM. I think most regionals are pretty much the same as Mesa. No credit for those days either.

Nevets

Total Time
At XJT, they are not allowed to schedule any training on days off. But you can volunteer for 150% pay.

suupah

Total Time
Big diff between ALPA and non ALPA carriers apparently. Oh thats right, ALPA is a pilots union.

Training on your days off SUX. Esp if you have kids and family. Thanks management. Glad I could be a team player at your gain and my expense....again.

Minimaniac

Benevolent Dictator
Total Time
Heck, even at lowly, Teamster run RAH, our training days are all scheduled days on. They are bid for in advance, come with set pay credit, and count towards the monthly line value. Even with training, you are still entitled to 12 days off (11 days off reserve).

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
Total Time
>6500
no training on days off!!

Not where I am!! Training will be put into one's schedule and the work week will shift, but you'll still end up with the same amount of days off during the month. So a pilot will not lose time off.

i.e. finish a work week, 4 days off, 7 on (trn week/work), then 10 days off. Then back to normal work week.

In a past life the airline I worked for would have ya train on your days off. It sucked!! They also charged ya for your uniforms and 35% of the medical coverage. I did get to keep the really cool black leather jacket when I left. Also was stuck with the US Air looking uniform after becoming a "real" airline. That's a whole different story.

SSDD

Total Time
Really? I beg to differ. Happened twice in the last two months.

Just curious, how do you get training on your days off with PBS? All of my training events have been scheduled before the bid opens.

DGdaPilot

Parrot Head Pilot
Total Time
5:00
They can do it at Eagle, but you get paid for each day. You can bid around it too.

Snaab

Total Time
I do! woo hoo!

They suck, Suupah! Same thing happened with me, changed my line around to accomodate moving my PC to the following week (to accomodate THEM). So, instead of having 13/14 off, I now have 11. The fat women at HQs don't care.

suupah

Total Time
lost 5 hours of block too. yay!!!! could be worse. one guy i talked to is now 11 days off and lost about 21 hours of block.