• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is getting the call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So they said the training would not be curtailed for the summer?

That was my understanding. They want to continue to hire through the summer even though the new hires wouldn't be ready for the line until fall. That's how much they need to hire. Huge hiring wave @ l-Cal.

According to APC, United is hiring 50 per month... Any idea on what it takes to get the interview?

On a side note, the rumor I've heard regarding Delta is that they are going to PREFER folks with NO or very little Part 121 PIC time! Anyone heard this? If true, that's pretty disheartening considering no one has really hired the past 5 years!

Not true!

I don't think there's a set formula.

If you meet the minimums, present yourself professionally and as someone who would be good to share a cockpit with for 4 days, have a couple recommendations, and interview well, I would guess you will have an excellent chance, whether you're an RJ CA, an F16 Driver, a SAAB FO, etc.

Lots of military (which is good to see). Number I heard was 200 out of 300 hired so far...as of 3 weeks ago is military.

You guys do keep hooking up your not qualified peers, don't you?

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/13404616/meet-the-new-fo

Should go to a regional and get some 121 time first- maybe they'll have a shot and not embarrassing themself with the superiority complex first year at a major.

I have no real bias. It's just most mil guys aren't good at leaving their background behind. You see, a forest is made of trees, it's good to be able to see both.

Should go to a regional and get some 121 time first- maybe they'll have a shot and not embarrassing themself with the superiority complex first year at a major.

I have no real bias. It's just most mil guys aren't good at leaving their background behind. You see, a forest is made of trees, it's good to be able to see both.

Yea Francis and you are a fu__king idiot too!

Well, before you judged, my point was there is a massive flux of mid-level Majors (mid-30ish) guys that have finished their AD commitment. This wasn't the case when l-Cal had a large hiring wave in '05 and '06. There weren't many mil guys that were hired at that time, percentage wise. Not because one side was better than the other, just that there weren't as many mil guys in the pool in general. Now there are.

As far as having to get some 121 background in an RJ...with all due respect, GMAFB. Flying an airliner from point A to B, absolutely, positively in no way compares to military flying. And no, I'm not saying there aren't quality civilian guys...there are plenty and I've flown with a bunch of awesome guys, both flying wise and personality wise as well. But please...military pilots transitioning to airline flying, takes oh - maybe 6-9 minutes after you figure out the crew concept.

All debate aside, the toughest thing I found coming from the single seat world to flying a fatty at .78 M was how to integrate into the crew concept arena (i.e. when to read the QRH, how much interaction was required, how and when to talk on ramp, etc). Once that part was understood...which takes about a day or two, the rest ain't tough.

Before this thread gets too far off track, does anyone have the current interview format (sim check, medical evaluation, hr, technical, etc)?

Thanks!

Just talked to a day1 guy at the school house. He was former AF current ANG c130 then 737. He did his interview in IAH. Sim ride was as advertised, TO to level off and vectors to intercept ILS approach to a missed and hold. One guy in the sim both as pilot monitoring and evaluator so didn't feel like he was in a fish bowl. After that went to an interview with an HR person an LCAL CA and a LUAL CA, and one more person... he said NO tech questions, and one situation question along the lines off "When, if ever would it be OK to not follow company procedure?" Everyone was very nice he said and it felt more like a get to know you interview. Forgot to ask what sim they used of the 737, or how long it took to find out how he did.

Latest resources

Back