• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is getting the call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would crack me up if they all went on Mil leave after being trained.
Beats reserve! finish IOE/consolidation, deploy return to upgrade, classic!

According to APC, United is hiring 50 per month... Any idea on what it takes to get the interview?

On a side note, the rumor I've heard regarding Delta is that they are going to PREFER folks with NO or very little Part 121 PIC time! Anyone heard this? If true, that's pretty disheartening considering no one has really hired the past 5 years!

That rumor seems implausible to me. Care to share where you heard it?

A friend I gave a rec to just interviewed was a 121 regional CA with plenty of PIC time. Keep your apps up and ignore rumors.

Thanks for the positive news. Regarding the rumor that Delta is looking for high-time FO's, I can't point to a specific source, instead it seems to be a rumor that I keep on hearing from FO's... The root of which may be the fact that several guys with no 121 PIC time were picked up by Delta several years ago...

Regarding the number of military guys getting the call from United (or whatever acronym is being used for the Continental side), that's good too... I'm 100% civilian, but I respect and admire the sacrifice those guys have made... Those guys deserve a break. I also, however, believe that guys from the regionals bring a lot of useful experience to the table. A good mix of both worlds is ideal, in my opinion.

Good news that things will continue at United, and hopefully spool up at DAL, American, etc...

Regarding the letter of rec, how heavily weighted is that at UAL? What about LCA status at a regional? Any insight into the hiring doctrine at UAL/CAL would be appreciated.

Latest resources

Back