• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is getting Holiday Pay today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HMMMMM---I'll just take the day off! Maybe you can see my Kaboom Stratosphere Star Bursters on your last leg out. By the way, the BBQ was good, the cold beer was even better, but the highlight is all the hot babes on the party barge parked next to my boat!

Viva La Vida Loco! Life is about living, not making time and a half!

Well its over now, but ASA pilots do not get holiday pay, but our FAs do. Skywest does get holiday pay.
I was at a non-ALPO carrier, like yourself. We got holiday pay. The ALPA carrier, not so much. Seems that they thought that airline pilots shouldn't get holiday pay, and looked at you crooked if you asked why you're not getting it.

Holiday pay is a win-win situation for everybody. It cuts down on call-outs, and the employees who do show generally have better attitudes and can deliver better customer service. Employees actually have a chance of trading the day with each other, so that those who want to be with their families are happy, and those who want to maximize the paycheck are happy. The airline gets properly staffed, and everybody wins!

Latest resources

Back