Holiday pay... woot!

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
Checkin' the holiday pay box here!

JustaNumber

Total Time
Okay.....that's great for all you guys, but how about airlines? Which airlines pay 150% holiday pay?

Dubya

Part time genius
Total Time
I wish I was, but I'm just getting my regular F/O pay of $155/hr.

You make 155/hr and you're here screwing with regional pilots. What an exciting life that buck fifty five gets you.

W

JustaNumber

Total Time
Gonna quit you current job and get on with the airline with holiday pay?
No, but we might quit our current contract and get on one with holiday pay, if enough other airlines offer it too. It's nice to know information. That is the real point of this board, isn't it? (No, it's not to get your jollies flame-baiting the "little people").

Speedtape

Total Time
enough
HMMMMM---I'll just take the day off! Maybe you can see my Kaboom Stratosphere Star Bursters on your last leg out. By the way, the BBQ was good, the cold beer was even better, but the highlight is all the hot babes on the party barge parked next to my boat!

Viva La Vida Loco! Life is about living, not making time and a half!

WayBack

Total Time
Okay.....that's great for all you guys, but how about airlines? Which airlines pay 150% holiday pay?
This is what I was looking for...which airlines???????????

73belair

Total Time
enuf
Well its over now, but ASA pilots do not get holiday pay, but our FAs do. Skywest does get holiday pay.

WAZUP

Total Time
5000+
We get 4.5 hours if we work or not at SKYW. (I think its 4.5)

WayBack

Total Time
Well its over now, but ASA pilots do not get holiday pay, but our FAs do. Skywest does get holiday pay.
I was at a non-ALPO carrier, like yourself. We got holiday pay. The ALPA carrier, not so much. Seems that they thought that airline pilots shouldn't get holiday pay, and looked at you crooked if you asked why you're not getting it.

JustaNumber

Total Time
Holiday pay is a win-win situation for everybody. It cuts down on call-outs, and the employees who do show generally have better attitudes and can deliver better customer service. Employees actually have a chance of trading the day with each other, so that those who want to be with their families are happy, and those who want to maximize the paycheck are happy. The airline gets properly staffed, and everybody wins!

Nevets

Total Time
Holiday pay?:confused: What's that?:p

Of course I get paid if I work on a holiday! Doesn't everyone?;)