Who is Flagship???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

e=mc2

Please tell me that Flagship callsign is some pay for training freight place.

I have heard them on the freq. over the last three weeks and it is pathetic to hear them talk on the radio. One controller got so frustrated he had to tell all of us on the freq. to standby until he dealt with Flagship.

Who are these amatuers??????

wow there man you seem a little fired up. chill out a little...

I believe it is Pinnacle Airlines d.b.a. Northwest Express

They are PFT, and alot come from Gulfstream Academy with 300hrs (see Vince's picture in Flight Training Magazine), and its Northwest Airlink on Northwest Express. Hope it helps

theyve got more than 300hrs. the gulfstream program puts them out with about 300 hrs of 1900 time, most guys have more.

True Story! Heard from a Capt in DTW the other day

ATC: Flagship 5XXX hold at BUGGE as published efc of 2050Z
FLG 5XXX: Uh, Can we just slow down?
ATC: Flagship 5XXX hold at BUGGE as published efc of 2050Z
FlG 5XXX: Uh, Can we just get headings?
ATC: Flagship 56XX I need you to hold
FlG 5XXX: Uh, We don't know how to program the hold?

If that is true, then that should prove the PFT problem without any doubt. See, real world! Put them in a training enviroment, great, put them in a REAL world situation, they don't have anything to draw upon.

The above situation is pretty sad. They don't know how to program the hold. OMG, how about you grab the yoke for once and fly them damm thing yourself. Jesus, go fly some freight for a year and learn how to really fly! I think they should have figured out who that crew was and taken both of their tickets away. They don't have any place in that plane with paying paxs in the back and they can't even fly a published hold. Oh god the autopilot broke, we are dead now, anybody in the back know how to actually fly a plane without an autopilot?? Aahhhh...BOOM.

Ok I am done, had to get that out...Sorry...

SD

Just to clarify some things...If you had a bad experience with some of our Flagship pilots, im sorry. Most of us are professional pilots who do our job well and dont F-up like that but if someone did, well...it happens. Second...We are NOT PFT. Yes, we do have some Gulfstream people here who did pay out the rear for the time and not all of us support it or are happy about it but that is what the company decided to do. For the last 12 months, 75% of out classes if not more have been furloughed NWA pilots who came here to keep current and do what they love to do, fly. I believe they have a 18 month commitment and 5 a month call back when it happens. I have been here for 5 years and did not pay for training. There use to be a program where as you had to pay 10K up front but were reimbursed over 30 months. Once again, not alot of us were happy about that either. Now, if you have less than 1200 tt and 300 multi and did not go through gulfstream, then yes...its pft but there are only a few of those here and i would say its less than 100 pilots...Im sorry you are so pissed about this holding thing in dtw. Yes, it makes us sound poor on the radios and like I said, we are not all like that. Every company has a few that are not quite professional but please, before you go off and start making statements like we are all amatures, PFT and the requirements to get here are 300tt and so forth, get the facts right.

I think there was a Flagship airlines that was bought but AE a long time ago. We have had that call sign since the Jetstream days in MSP...10 years back. I might be wrong about the AE thing, if someone knows, please correct me..

Latest resources

Back