• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who got Zarqawi?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, I am sure that he had call ahead seating to hell.

My hat goes off as well to all of our military personnel in Iraq, Afghanistan and all over the world.

This just proves training pays dividends.

Outstanding.
:beer:

MAGNUM!! said:
The vid is difficult to see, but I think it's an AT pod. I've got a lot of time with Lantirn and Sniper, but only two sorties with a Litening pod. Any other Guard guys with alot of Litening time want to chime in? I'd like to hear thoughts on the TV mode.

Unless recently moded, the Sniper can't go wide FOV in TV. I like AT better overall. If they could combine the strengths of both pods it would be great. I don't want to go into too much on here though.

Slice121 said:
Unless recently moded, the Sniper can't go wide FOV in TV. I like AT better overall. If they could combine the strengths of both pods it would be great. I don't want to go into too much on here though.

That's true. I'm a Sniper fan myself, but it was slapped on a blk 50 MMC 3.4 jet and that might have colored my thinking. Just more familiar with it I guess. Ironically, the sniper vid is sharper on the monochrome SCU-5 MFDs than the blk 50 MFDs. I know why that is, but no need for detail here.

GO GUARD!!

Communications Security. People, please think before you type and hit the enter button. The world does not need to know who, what, or how. Consider the possible repercussions or reprisals against the individuals involved, their units, their families, etc. Could anything posted in this thread be useful to our enemies?

Talking or writing about units, deployment or redeployment schedules, equipment, block numbers and mod numbers, weapons, tactics, capabilities, etc, is way beyond appropriate. Let's limit this discussion to the Bravo Zulus and "attaboys" that are so richly deserved, and refrain from any details.

Thanks for considering these points.

B-727

sorry, if i could delete the post I would...this info however is all over the internet so its not like I released some sensitive info, but I understand where yall are coming from.

MAGNUM!! said:
That's true. I'm a Sniper fan myself, but it was slapped on a blk 50 MMC 3.4 jet and that might have colored my thinking. Just more familiar with it I guess. Ironically, the sniper vid is sharper on the monochrome SCU-5 MFDs than the blk 50 MFDs. I know why that is, but no need for detail here.

GO GUARD!!

IR is better in the Sniper but the FOV sucks in tv (narrow only)
The big brains are working on a combined mode with tv in narrow surrounded by IR in wide. The video I saw was very good.

Just for theatrics, we should have dropped some napalm on the SOB's after the first two 500 pounders. That would have freaked the habibi's out.

Last edited:
With all the palm trees around, I think a psyops C-130 blasting "The End" by the Doors shortly before impact would have been a good addition.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back