Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who did the flyby for the BCS championship?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sounded like a block 50 Falcon from the Guard unit in Miami.

If it was Raptors then it would not be suprising if they screwd it up since the aircraft is new and the guys are probably still a little inexperienced in it.

I fought the urge to respond, but I gave in...

Homestead (miami) is reserve, not guard. They fly block 30's, not 50's, and nobody except the manufacturer ever calls them falcons. Other than that...

yeah, I know, I should have kept my mouth shut

Someone on the ground fu*ked it up, it is not that hard to be on time if you know what time you are suppose to be there. Fox probably ran two extra commercials or something....the ground controller should have had them orbit though to meet the new RTA.
You've obviously never done a flyby....what if they pushed from their orbit 4 minutes before it even started, then something happened 30-60 seconds out, like the color guard was slow or something or the singer took a big pause before starting. There's very little you can do then to fix it, especially at night with towers around, which are huge around the stadium there by the way. Oh wait, those Piper Cub flybys are pretty sweet I'm sure.

Latest resources

Back