Who Are the Quality Headhunters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

westshan

Can anyone recommend a good corporate aviation headhunter? I used Jet Professionals, Inc. some years ago, but am wondering if there are any new players on the scene.

Thanks,
Charlie

Aviation Personnel International seems to be well respected and widely used in the corporate sector. The application process is long and arduous but they have some very high profile clients.

http://www.apiaviation.com/

I concur, Janice Barden and API are the best. She's placed friends of mine in good positions at quality organizations.

GV

I concur with the assessment of API/the Barden ladies being the best. This is a firm run by two generations of the same family, who are highly respected in the industry and take no shortcuts.

JPI on the other hand (my personal opinion) is owned by Jet Aviation, and has no-one within the organization who really gives a hoot. I don't have enough fingers on my hands and feet to count all the people who have been in charge of this outfit, there is absolutely no continuity there; their only responsibility is to add to the bottom line of Jet.

Last edited:
I have to agree that things seem to have.....well.....changed at JPI. Years ago it was a much more personal business connection. They had an office in a small building in Shelton, CT. Now they've moved in with the big boys at TEB. Total turnover in staff from the past. Yeah, I guess they're just another facet of Jet now.

Thanks for the other names. I will be investigating their services. BTW, JPI told me that both contract work and full-time placements seem to be rather slow right now. They didn't sound enthusiastic at all. I don't suppose I want them to lie and paint a rosy picture of the industry, but, geez, folks, shouldn't a good headhunter at least try to seem positive?

Is it worth it for a low time guy to get involved with a headhunter? What do they typically charge? I'm looking to get involved with corporate flying somewhere down the line and while I understand my times won't get me in the door at most places, I'd like to do whatever possible to improve my odds.

I contacted both JPI and API. I received a survey form from API which I promtly returned, but haven't heard anything since. I imagine they have a few thousand people with BE20 time so I think I will need some more unique experience to get myself on their radar.

groundpointsix said:
Is it worth it for a low time guy to get involved with a headhunter? What do they typically charge? I'm looking to get involved with corporate flying somewhere down the line and while I understand my times won't get me in the door at most places, I'd like to do whatever possible to improve my odds.

Until you have some jet experience and an ATP I doubt, and I say doubt only, API will be interested in you but a phone call to them will answer the question more acurately than I can.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back