• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

White House says NO to rest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What we need are the sane blue dog democrats to split off and form their own tea party type movement, but with less crazy. A group priding themselves on bipartisanship That believes in entitlement reform, conservative spending, and liberal social issues. Cool, pit me in that group.

Oh my....

No, we are concerned with a radical few that hold the congress hostage for their own views.... No compromise. They would rather default then consider raising taxes. They argue against the bank bailouts... Yeah it sucked but without it the great depression would have looked like a minor economic bump in comparison. No doubt we need to make changes, cut entitlements, trim the budget, but we also have to own this debt and increase revenue. Before you say I won't be affected... I will. I am in a household making well over 300k and if "wealth generators" are going to be targeted I'm probably in that group. It sucks for sure, but it is what it is.

You skipped 6 and 8. Also failed to comment on why such a brilliant man with brilliant Czars can't overcome the AstroTurf Tea Party. I love the "Hostage"
"Terrorist" guns to heads references by Leftists. Guess the Gabby Gifford didn't work out so well in terms of setting the tone for you.

You skipped 6 and 8. Also failed to comment on why such a brilliant man with brilliant Czars can't overcome the AstroTurf Tea Party. I love the "Hostage"
"Terrorist" guns to heads references by Leftists. Guess the Gabby Gifford didn't work out so well in terms of setting the tone for you.

I skipped 6 and 8 because I don't disagree with you there. Obama is not the one, not omni potent, hell he probably cant even cure your erectile dysfunction. The tea party is not the answer either, a polarizing group that shackles the republican party to issues and positions that are not those of the consensus. Bachman said no matter what she would vote against the debt ceiling as a message.... Really? This is the face of progress? We need bipartisanship, more working together, less radicalism. The tea party is the exact opposite of what we need, and this goes for the dems too...less Pelosi, more Gifford, more blue dogs.

What we need are the sane blue dog democrats to split off and form their own tea party type movement, but with less crazy. A group priding themselves on bipartisanship That believes in entitlement reform, conservative spending, and liberal social issues. Cool, pit me in that group.

Conservative spending and Liberal social issues? What in Gods name are talking about?

Crazy Tea party examples please. Are you talking along the same lines as the Wisconsin teachers at the Capital? Screaming and banging drums and pots and pans for hours on end? Were those Tea Party members?

Conservative spending and Liberal social issues? What in Gods name are talking about?

Democrats who identify with the Blue Dogs tend to be conservatives, but have more divergent positions on social issues than "New Democrats." Reflecting the group's Southern roots, many Blue Dogs are strong supporters of gun rights and receive high ratings from the National Rifle Association, some have pro-life voting records, and some get high ratings from immigration reduction groups. As a caucus, however, the group has never agreed on or taken a position on these issues, and many members favor more socially liberal positions.
Crazy Tea party examples please. Are you talking along the same lines as the Wisconsin teachers at the Capital? Screaming and banging drums and pots and pans for hours on end? Were those Tea Party members?

I don't disagree with you about wisconsin, though if the dems said they were going to let the airline management impose new pay rates on your cba, you might be mad too.

They do??? Please expand. Been flying in the AF for 20 years (still flying) and the AF rules allow for extremely long duty days regardless of circadium rythym. 24 hrs with 3 pilots routinely extended to 26 hrs.

Don't get me wrong--these new rules need to be implemented ASAP!

Specifically, AFI 11-202V3. I was looking particularly at the minimum rest requirements.

I don't disagree with you about wisconsin, though if the dems said they were going to let the airline management impose new pay rates on your cba, you might be mad too.

First off you are talking about public vs private sectors unions. You do see the difference don't you? Second if my airline was BROKE, I might consider actually contributing a whopping 2% towards my retirement is not the end of the world. Your analogy is not just flawed, it's just plain wrong.

Oh my lord I can not believe I just read that.

Trip down history lane shall we? These new rules came about with the help of Randy Babbitt who was appointed by who? The gentleman that ran against our President has been on record for his view of union workers.

Lets be all grown ups this is a tangled web of the major Republican lobbyists pushing Congress to over turn the new NMB voting rules. Until this issue and the full authorization of the FAA funding happens the rest rules are going to be held hostage. Remember its politics scratch my back I scratch yours.

And yes I voted to preserve the middle class in 2008.

How's that preservation thing working for you these days??

Latest resources

Back