• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

White House says NO to rest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HE HAS NO ECONOMIC PLAN AND NEVER DID. And, to top it off, he takes a long vacation in expensive Martha's Vineyard while unemployment lines grow....

I didn't vote for either of them.

Just for record.

August 1983, unemployment was 9.5%.

In August of that year, then President Reagan took a 25 day vacation to California.

Glad to see your man is doing such a fantastic job after 2.5 years. Where to start?

First debt downgrade ever. Zero leadership (but great sound bites!) resulting in Congressional gridlock (unlike Ronald Reagan in a similar siutation in the 80s). New, huge entitlement program that will make the US worse than Greece financially if it comes to fruition. Zero economic PLAN. Slams Israel. No energy policy - we are still largely dependent upon Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil. His economic advisors are dropping like flies and leaving in droves... HE HAS NO ECONOMIC PLAN AND NEVER DID. And, to top it off, he takes a long vacation in expensive Martha's Vineyard while unemployment lines grow...

And I lack intelligence? Really? You voted for him and I didn't. You bought his charisma and "cool" style. But "HOPE" only goes so far... Just think about it. Let me know if you find out what is economic plan is... It ain't working and he has not focused on it since he arrived.

Funny that you try to display your intelligence by regurgitating Sean Hannity talking points. Repeating other people's ideas and buying them hook, line and sinker (without any independent critical thinking) is the opposite of intelligence.

I didn't vote for either of them.

Just for record.

August 1983, unemployment was 9.5%.

In August of that year, then President Reagan took a 25 day vacation to California.

Perhaps, but then again I believe he had laid out a plan or two before he left on vacation as opposed to saying I have this great plan to save this sinking ship and I promise to share it with you after I come back from Martha's Vineyard. So what if the markets plunge another 5 or 10% while I'm gone?
Not to mention I don't believe Reagan played 6,852 rounds of golf in his first two years in office. Oh, and the airline industry boomed starting that year and it ran for 7 or 8 years. But why let a few facts get in the way of delusion.

Funny that you try to display your intelligence by regurgitating Sean Hannity talking points. Repeating other people's ideas and buying them hook, line and sinker (without any independent critical thinking) is the opposite of intelligence.

Yeah, and my independent critical thinking advisors are Keith Olberman,Chris Mathews,Cynthia Mckinney and, and Janine Garofalo....so there!

And my best friends brothers girlfriend went to Brown for 2 semesters and we smoked some weed together and..........

Last edited:
Hooray! Red vs Blue!

The ATA is opposing this, not Reagan or Nixon or Clinton or Taft.

"There are special interests who are holding this rule up because it's not in their financial self-interest," National Transportation Safety Board Chairman Deborah Hersman told The Associated Press this week. "The American people expect safety to trump special interests, not the other way around."

Is anyone surprised by this? I don't like how jaded I'm becoming and this isn't helping.
Yeah, I agree with you. I love the industry and try to stay positive but it is becoming a challenge.

Money over safety, typical.

Yup but it's the customers who who are making that decision. The NTSB reports that there are "...1.5 accidents per million revenue flight hours between 2007 and 2009".

Total US passenger enplanements have risen drastically beginning in 2004. To me that says the consumer is satisfied with the current level of safety and cost. Why should the government force the airlines to increase safety when the consumer is happy with the current level (based on the data)?

If the consumer felt unsafe, then he would stop purchasing tickets and voice his concern with his wallet. Airlines would take notice, and make an effort to increase safety.

Once again a few government bureaucrats are trying to plan the lives of millions of consumers.

Rest rules weren't why the Buffalo crash happened. It was day one of a trip, and the first turn cancelled. The flight to BUF that night was the first for the crew. It's not like they had done a 14:59 day and got min 8 hrs rest, and then the next day, crash on leg #5. Then, it would be obvious. But we're playing the rest rule card in this case because the opportunity allows it. The rest problem, for both of them in the BUF crash, was their poor decision making in terms of commuting and sleeping in base. Commuting through the night is irresponsible if you don't get enough sleep. It's not fair to the passengers who expect you to be sharp, on your game, and alert at the start of your trip. The real reason why BUF happened is a poor response to a stick shaker. You can blame the training, the FARs guidance on Part 121 stall recovery, and incompetency of the PIC.

I agree that the crash had nothing to do with rest rules, but to try and paint it as commuting being the major problem is also wrong. Rest varies whether you live in base or are at home due to a lot of external factors. Should some one call in sick because they live in base and their child woke up through out the night, or it is garbage day and the truck thumped cans in front of your house at 6am? Maybe and maybe not depends on the person. I just flew to Europe 2 nights ago and commuted in that morning, the Captain who lives in base slept half the flight and I was awake the whole flight. To try and regulate where people live based on where they work would be a tough path to go down and most airline bases aren't places we all want to live. I hear it all the time for the guys that live in base that I need to move here because it is what is best for my family. (my family that they dont know) Not trying to change minds people live where they live for a lot of reasons and only some are work, but I get less rest at home most of the time with young children than I do at work and I have done both living in base and commuting.

Ok you can all go back to your political fight.

So, you admit to watching Sean Hannity... Gee, I guess I can't have my own views. BTW, those points are all 100% true. All facts.

Let's face it, Obama is out of touch. What was the point of his recent, pre-Martha's Vineyard bus tour? Did he advance the ball on creating more jobs? Can you give me any high-points related to his job creation plan? Seriously, he has NOTHING. Meanwhile, the economy is getting worse, unemployment is terrible with no end in sight, our 401Ks are getting depleted (thank God I have a gold tooth I can sell), and there is no leadership at the top. Where is Congress? Why is it that nobody in DC will listen to Obama? He is a terrible leader with some great soundbites.

Any Independent voter who votes for Obama again has nobody to blame for the future (if Obama wins again) but himself.

So, you admit to watching Sean Hannity... Gee, I guess I can't have my own views. BTW, those points are all 100% true. All facts.

Let's face it, Obama is out of touch. What was the point of his recent, pre-Martha's Vineyard bus tour? Did he advance the ball on creating more jobs? Can you give me any high-points related to his job creation plan? Seriously, he has NOTHING. Meanwhile, the economy is getting worse, unemployment is terrible with no end in sight, our 401Ks are getting depleted (thank God I have a gold tooth I can sell), and there is no leadership at the top. Where is Congress? Why is it that nobody in DC will listen to Obama? He is a terrible leader with some great soundbites.

Any Independent voter who votes for Obama again has nobody to blame for the future (if Obama wins again) but himself.

To funny. Blame the other guy... If you listened to a more balanced source of information, you would know that while Obama's approval ratings are down, the approval ratings of Congress, Republicans and the Tea baggers are down far more. You guys are in real trouble as well.

Was the country better off after W's 96 months? Was the economy better when he left office? The housing market? The unemployment rate? Number of dead Americans? National debt and deficit?

Let me guess, you will argue that it was not all his fault. But yet, everything is specifically O's fault. What a joke.

If all you have to offer is a crazy Michelle Bachmann and a ridiculous Yosemite Sam, this country is doomed. I partly hope that Yosemite Sam or Michelle actually win, so that you guys are exposed for the FRAUDS you are.

Latest resources

Back