• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

White House says NO to rest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time to fess up.... How many of you guys voted for Obama? Did he ever manage anything bigger than a household when he got the job? Sorry, you get what you pay for....

HOPE ========> NOPE in 2012

Oh my lord I can not believe I just read that.

Trip down history lane shall we? These new rules came about with the help of Randy Babbitt who was appointed by who? The gentleman that ran against our President has been on record for his view of union workers.

Lets be all grown ups this is a tangled web of the major Republican lobbyists pushing Congress to over turn the new NMB voting rules. Until this issue and the full authorization of the FAA funding happens the rest rules are going to be held hostage. Remember its politics scratch my back I scratch yours.

And yes I voted to preserve the middle class in 2008.

OK, fine... can I take drugs like their pilots to help me stay awake then sleep, and oh, can I get a government pension with that?

Until then, why don't you worry about YOUR pilots, General, and let the civilians worry about ours, mkay?

Of course it's about the money... the charter companies have GOT to start respecting rest issues. Can't tell you how many times I had to just say "That's it, we're done", and go find a hotel and worry about getting yelled at later.

He'll have a few nice BOD offers after retirement. Something tells me it wont be as a line pilot.

And yes I voted to preserve the middle class in 2008. [/QUOTE]

And I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for helping contribute to this mess we find ourselves in!!! Hillary probably could have done better, and that's not saying much!!!

Time to fess up.... How many of you guys voted for Obama? Did he ever manage anything bigger than a household when he got the job? Sorry, you get what you pay for....

HOPE ========> NOPE in 2012

You really do lack intelligence. Although, it may actually be refreshing to have such a simple mind. Less to think about, and all.

The Federal Aviation Administration was supposed to have final rules in place by Aug. 1 under a law passed by Congress last year in response to a 2009 regional airline crash in western New York that killed 50 people.
Rest rules weren't why the Buffalo crash happened. It was day one of a trip, and the first turn cancelled. The flight to BUF that night was the first for the crew. It's not like they had done a 14:59 day and got min 8 hrs rest, and then the next day, crash on leg #5. Then, it would be obvious. But we're playing the rest rule card in this case because the opportunity allows it. The rest problem, for both of them in the BUF crash, was their poor decision making in terms of commuting and sleeping in base. Commuting through the night is irresponsible if you don't get enough sleep. It's not fair to the passengers who expect you to be sharp, on your game, and alert at the start of your trip. The real reason why BUF happened is a poor response to a stick shaker. You can blame the training, the FARs guidance on Part 121 stall recovery, and incompetency of the PIC.

You really do lack intelligence. Although, it may actually be refreshing to have such a simple mind. Less to think about, and all.

Glad to see your man is doing such a fantastic job after 2.5 years. Where to start?

First debt downgrade ever. Zero leadership (but great sound bites!) resulting in Congressional gridlock (unlike Ronald Reagan in a similar siutation in the 80s). New, huge entitlement program that will make the US worse than Greece financially if it comes to fruition. Zero economic PLAN. Slams Israel. No energy policy - we are still largely dependent upon Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil. His economic advisors are dropping like flies and leaving in droves... HE HAS NO ECONOMIC PLAN AND NEVER DID. And, to top it off, he takes a long vacation in expensive Martha's Vineyard while unemployment lines grow...

And I lack intelligence? Really? You voted for him and I didn't. You bought his charisma and "cool" style. But "HOPE" only goes so far... Just think about it. Let me know if you find out what is economic plan is... It ain't working and he has not focused on it since he arrived.

Last edited:
Glad to see your man is doing such a fantastic job after 2.5 years. Where to start?

First debt downgrade ever. Zero leadership (but great sound bites!) resulting in Congressional gridlock (unlike Ronald Reagan in a similar siutation in the 80s). New, huge entitlement program that will make the US worse than Greece financially if it comes to fruition. Zero economic PLAN. Slams Israel. No energy policy - we are still largely dependent upon Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil. His economic advisors are dropping like flies and leaving in droves... HE HAS NO ECONOMIC PLAN AND NEVER DID. And, to top it off, he takes a long vacation in expensive Martha's Vineyard while unemployment lines grow...

And I lack intelligence? Really? You voted for him and I didn't. You bought his charisma and "cool" style. But "HOPE" only goes so far... Just think about it. Let me know if you find out what is economic plan is... It ain't working and he has not focused on it since he arrived.

Obama's economic plan is very simple. Let me spell it out for you:

1. Redistribute wealth from wealth creators (i.e., small business people and a relatively small number of billionaires who stash their money elsewhere where we will never find it) to middle and lower classes through job-killing taxes and extra regulations - including to those people who would prefer not to work and instead expect growing entitlements to support them and their ever-growing dependents.

2. Offer everyone jobs in the Government - including 14,000 new inspector jobs employed by the IRS exclusively to monitor the population's "compliance" with Obamacare (they probably will pay great relative to aviation jobs)

Ask yourself: is the country better off or worse off than it was 30 months ago? Obama believes government should have a greater role in everyone's lives while the Republicans believe government should play a lesser role and people should decide how to spend a greater proportion of their own money. Big philosophical difference. Just look at Europe and it's current entitlement/debt problems and you will see our future if Obama gets 4 more years... God help us!

Last edited:
Great book just out. After America. Get Ready for Armageddon. Authored by Mark Steyn.
An example of our government out of control is that back in the fifties, 1 in 20 workers needed some sort of government certification etc. to perform his chosen profession. Today it's 1 in 3.

Last edited:

Dude, go make yourself useful...

Latest resources

Back