• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

White House says NO to rest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To funny. Blame the other guy... If you listened to a more balanced source of information, you would know that while Obama's approval ratings are down, the approval ratings of Congress, Republicans and the Tea baggers are down far more. You guys are in real trouble as well.

Was the country better off after W's 96 months? Was the economy better when he left office? The housing market? The unemployment rate? Number of dead Americans? National debt and deficit?

Let me guess, you will argue that it was not all his fault. But yet, everything is specifically O's fault. What a joke.

If all you have to offer is a crazy Michelle Bachmann and a ridiculous Yosemite Sam, this country is doomed. I partly hope that Yosemite Sam or Michelle actually win, so that you guys are exposed for the FRAUDS you are.

Dude, could this country get any worse? Well, maybe it could get worse if Obama stays much longer (I'd hate to see how he could make this worse). What has he accomplished during his first 2.5 years beyond establishing a huge entitlement that we (and every European country) can't afford? Riddle me that... He owns this economy now after 2.5 years in office. Nobody has confidence in his ability to get us out of it. Seriously, what has he done to promote any economic growth beyond a dead stimulus plan (another waste of nearly $1 trillion dollars)? How will he grow the job base?

Btw, I think GW Bush was one of the bottom 5 Presidents ever. He ruined the Republican party and Iraq was a highly questionable war that I never agreed with. Bush did a lot to set the Republican party back and it ultimately hurt our nation with the Democratic surge in 2006. Bush helped Obama win (weak McCain/Palin candidates didn't help either). We need to focus on job growth and the economy - that should be the PRIME FOCUS FOR ANY CANDIDATE. And Obama clearly shows he is lost and doesn't know what to do... Face it, he is a terrible leader who has lost a lot of credibility. He's a great speaker but a terrible leader with NO PLAN.

To funny. Blame the other guy... If you listened to a more balanced source of information, you would know that while Obama's approval ratings are down, the approval ratings of Congress, Republicans and the Tea baggers are down far more. You guys are in real trouble as well.

Was the country better off after W's 96 months? Was the economy better when he left office? The housing market? The unemployment rate? Number of dead Americans? National debt and deficit?

Let me guess, you will argue that it was not all his fault. But yet, everything is specifically O's fault. What a joke.

If all you have to offer is a crazy Michelle Bachmann and a ridiculous Yosemite Sam, this country is doomed. I partly hope that Yosemite Sam or Michelle actually win, so that you guys are exposed for the FRAUDS you are.

So you are looking forward to four more years of Obama?

So, these new rules actually to put airline rest rules CLOSER to USAF rules yet the Pentagon is opposed????

I can only surmise that the Commander in Chief (as well as pentagon brass) doesn't mind transporting 90% of our troops on aircraft flown by pilots LESS rested than military pilots.

So, these new rules actually to put airline rest rules CLOSER to USAF rules yet the Pentagon is opposed????

I can only surmise that the Commander in Chief (as well as pentagon brass) doesn't mind transporting 90% of our troops on aircraft flown by pilots LESS rested than military pilots.

The Commander in Chief is just concentrating on trying pronounce Keynesian
Economics without staring at the TelePrompTer for more than 5 seconds. There is a reason while as 12 years as a supposed law professor, he published nothing, zero, zip, nada. Idiot.

The Commander in Chief is just concentrating on trying pronounce Keynesian
Economics without staring at the TelePrompTer for more than 5 seconds. There is a reason while as 12 years as a supposed law professor, he published nothing, zero, zip, nada. Idiot.

In his short time in the senate, did he ever write or co-sponsor a bill or piece of legislation?

To me, the first and easiest measure could be to mandate that we get paid by the duty hour, not flight hour. This would create market pressures towards efficient crew utilization, and make those 15.5 hour duty days rare and very expensive for the company. Meanwhile however gets stuck with said monster day, is at least making lotsa cash.

Does not solve the issue altogether, but might be a start.

We need to focus on job growth and the economy - that should be the PRIME FOCUS FOR ANY CANDIDATE. And Obama clearly shows he is lost and doesn't know what to do... Face it, he is a terrible leader who has lost a lot of credibility. He's a great speaker but a terrible leader with NO PLAN.

How does he do that when corporate America off-shored all the decent jobs while Bush was clearing brush on his ranch?

They do??? Please expand. Been flying in the AF for 20 years (still flying) and the AF rules allow for extremely long duty days regardless of circadium rythym. 24 hrs with 3 pilots routinely extended to 26 hrs.

Don't get me wrong--these new rules need to be implemented ASAP!

How does he do that when corporate America off-shored all the decent jobs while Bush was clearing brush on his ranch?

Two corporate giants. Apple and GE. Huge Obama supporters both employees and customers alike. Now do a little research as to how much of those companies are off-shored and get back to me. Look up GE's tax rate for grins while you are at it. God you leftists are clueless.

Two corporate giants. Apple and GE. Huge Obama supporters both employees and customers alike. Now do a little research as to how much of those companies are off-shored and get back to me. Look up GE's tax rate for grins while you are at it. God you leftists are clueless.

Guess who was in charge when the tax laws/regulations changed to incentivize the move offshore for corporate America? I'll give you a hint... it wasn't Obama. George Bush single handedly destroyed the middle class and now it's supposed to get fixed overnight?

When you replace manufacturing jobs with Burger King and Wal-Mart bad things will happen, someone forgot to tell Bush that along with those manufacturing jobs went the income tax people paid on decent wages. No worries, we'll just give tax breaks to the guys leading the charge offshore. Brilliant, but it does maximize shareholder value. Even Warren Buffett realizes the idiocy in all this.

Latest resources

Back