• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whisky Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, but I've definitely had some face to face interviews with a bottle of whiskey in my time.

I interviewed late in october.. got the letter that i was in a pool about 1-2 weeks later.. still waiting to hear about a class date.. everything ive heard is pointing towards late january.. Look at the other threads about whisky interviews and class dates... when did they tell you your class would be if you get it.. Good luck!!

whats your source?? what else have you heard.. why the delay?

his source(s) are different people within the training department that have made it no secret that no new hire classes are planned for January. If attrition picks up after the holidays that could quickly change.

The training manager has publicly said that there will be no new hire or upgrade classes in Jan because we are currently well staffed. They had planned on 20 resignations for December, but so far have only had about 7 and we are past the two week notice deadline for the month of December. Keep in mind that hiring at just about every airline slows down or completely stops this time of year. That means that there really isn't anywhere for our pilots to move on to this month and maybe next, so attrition slowed. When hiring picks up and classes start around Feb. I would expect more of our pilots to move on.

There are a few things going on right now that could affect attrition levels. First of all, the arbitration decision should be due around Feb or March. Depending on how that goes, you may see more people leaving. Secondly, the Midwest RFP delay due to the Air Tran merger is causing some people to be a little more pessimistic about being awarded that flying. This is causing them to lose that last bit of hope for a midwest base.

Things don't happen quickly, so with the current info. I would guess that classes for new hires and maybe upgrades start back up in March. Things do change like the weather, so by next week this could all be old info.

With skywest winning the Midwest flying, how do you think this will change attrition and hiring?

That will not be seen for another couple of weeks, but based on what's being implied on our company and pilot forums I'd say it'll pick up quickly. 2 resignations so far, but I'm not sure if that's directly related to this announcement. Conspiracy theorists would say yes, but it's probably coincidental.

As long as US Airways doesn't tank or get taken over, our future is secure...for at least 9 more years...which is still enough time to upgrade and move on at the current rate. Hopefully, it stays where it is or goes down.

As you can see anything can and does happen.

Latest resources

Back