Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Swass

So long, America.....
I thought it would be a cool topic to discuss with all the hype.

I like the Honda, It looks like it will be a pretty nice ride for pilot and pax.

The Cessna is just like any other Citation, which is a good thing.

The Swearingen looks like a great little hotrod, although the cabin looks to be pretty tight.

I'm not sure about the others, Cirrus and Piper (ridiculous engine config.). They look to me like they are going to be overpriced for their size (what niche do they serve?).

Anyways........

I thought it would be a cool topic to discuss with all the hype.

I like the Honda, It looks like it will be a pretty nice ride for pilot and pax.

The Cessna is just like any other Citation, which is a good thing.

The Swearingen looks like a great little hotrod, although the cabin looks to be pretty tight.

I'm not sure about the others, Cirrus and Piper (ridiculous engine config.). They look to me like they are going to be overpriced for their size (what niche do they serve?).

Anyways........

Im glad someone started a topic on this. This has been something of interest to me for quite some time.

So far the only one I've seen in person and flying is the new Citation Mustang. To me it looks like Ferrari designed a CJ. Pretty much the same thing as a CJ, just a bit smaller and with a G1000. Nice cabin, comfortable, not exactly the plane for those weekend golf excursions (but what VLJ is).

I saw a mock up of the Diamond D-Jet. I was surprisingly impressed by this aircraft. And at the price of a fully loaded Baron its a good deal.

I think the Cirrus jet is to be priced just above $1 million. From the pictures it seems to have one of the roomiest cabins in the market (5 pax + 2 pilots) and the performance is comparable to the d-jet. Im just trying to figure out where the parachute will go.

It will be sometime before anyone will see which of the VLJ's is the "winner". Most aren't due out will '09/'10.

I've crawled all over the Mustang and I really like it, especially because we already know it's pedigree.

The only plane I don't like is the Piperjet. There is just something about the engine being mounted on the tail that is rubbing me wrong.

I think the three biggest names in the VLJ market are currently Cessna, Eclipse, and Embraer.

The Phenom is the fastest of the three, while the Mustang has the longest range, and the Eclipse has the shortest takeoff and landing distances. I think owners will be making their decisions primarily based on how soon can they take delivery, how much does it cost, and how do they feel about the manufacture.

If it was my money, I'd be looking at the Mustang and Phenom based on the reputation of the manufactures.

and the Eclipse has the shortest takeoff and landing distances.

This is only true on paper because Eclipse uses different certification methods. The published takeoff length will not get you to V1 and stopped again like the others.

One more reason the airplane sucks.

The only one that I have flown was the Eclipse. And I felt that it was a huge, and I mean huge disappoinment. Interior flet cheap, plane seemed to underperform, slow. For the money I would find myself in a new Baron.

Latest resources

Back