• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which suitcase?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, Travelpro has gone way downhill. Guess I am sorry I recommended it earlier. It's what I use, but only because I get a new one every year for free. Notice I said every year, cuz that is about as long as it lasts. Otherwise, the Flight Works are by far the best. Kind of what Travelpro used to be back in the day when it was started by an airline pilot out of FLL. Since that guy sold out it's been down hill. The last couple of years they are just plain cheap. Get yourself a good one. You will come out ahead in the long run.

22 inch Kirkland from COSTCO. Allowed as carry-on. If you get a job flying long haul, out for 2-4 weeks, get 2 of them and piggyback them. As a former commuter for a supplemental, I gave my luggage a real workout.

On 2 of the 3 occasions I have had to check bags not allowed as carry-on, the airlines lost them. Delta lost a bag of donated baseball equipment for 3 weeks in MIA that I was trying to take to kids in Venezuela. United lost my son's catcher's bag on a non-stop from LAS to DEN. Thank God it was after the Legion regional tournament, not before.

Regardless, I appreciate all the fine folks at DAL and UAL. I just don't check bags with anyone if at all possible.

I've used one from Purdy Neat Stuff (I think that's the spelling). It takes a beating, and is very solid. I'll take a look at in a few days and post the phone number for the company that's inside of it.

You don't need a suitcase....... get a backpack like some of the other regional guys......one of those big ones with wheels and a handle................

Honestly, just stay away from travelpro

I use Briggs and Riley. Kind of pricey $230ish, but lifetime warranty. I've had mine for 6 and a half years. You can get it repaired locally most of the time. I lived in Dallas and got it repaired there in a week each time I had something fixed. I did not have to send it to the manufacturer (California). No questions asked and free every time.

Rockn' the Luggage Works Purdy Neat bag. Check out the Stopover Store. They had the best prices/service, from what I've foud.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back