Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Regionals, if any, pay during training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
please don't work anywhere that doesn't provide a hotel and pay you during training...these airlines are getting away with to much.

TSA pays 60 hours at the first year FO rate (22.29), no hotel or per diem. For what it's worth you do get the ID the first week so you can jumpseat.

TNHillbilly - I don't plan on applying at any regional that doesn't pay or provide a hotel. Not trying to be a snob or seem too good for some regionals, but I'll just hold out for the ones that do.

Flyer- I might consider TSA but given the fact they are laying off pilots every week it seems I am not sure if that'd be productive to apply/interview with them.

Kingair1181 said:
TNHillbilly - I don't plan on applying at any regional that doesn't pay or provide a hotel. Not trying to be a snob or seem too good for some regionals, but I'll just hold out for the ones that do.

Flyer- I might consider TSA but given the fact they are laying off pilots every week it seems I am not sure if that'd be productive to apply/interview with them.

First of all, TSA isn't hiring. Second of all, don't even think about going to a Trans States Holdings company. It's just not worth it.

Kingair1181 said:

You can't have it both ways - TSA doesn't pay for hotel or per diem in training, so according to paragraph 1 you won't go there. But in paragraph 2 apparently you will. So in the space of one empty blank line you sold your principles down the river - wow!

Eagle pay 62 or 65 hours/month (I can't remember which) at $23.51 and per diem for 15 hours/day at $1.60. Training is for 6.5 weeks. You actually make more during training than you do initially on the line! Hotel is paid for. Rooms are double occupancy till you pass your oral. Then you're solo in your room throughout the rest of training. You get your ID within a week and health benefits kick in after 30 days. Overall it's a pretty good deal.

CHQ provides hotel for the whole training. In addition $125 a week for expenses for the first 4 weeks, after that your regular 1st year pay.

CFIse - from what I understood from flyers post I thought TSA paid you while you were in training 60/hrs month at the 1st yr FO rate - maybe I was wrong. Therefore, to me that'd cover the cost of a hotel and then some.

Latest resources

Back