Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Regionals, if any, pay during training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingair1181

Just wondering if any regionals do, or at least provide at least a living allowance. Also, do most still provide you your own hotel room as well? Thanks.

Mesaba did, before they started furloughing. We were treated like full time employees from the first day of training. We got paid the min monthly guaruntee, company badge for j/s priviledges, and health bennies kicked in after about a month. A single occupancy hotel was also paid for.

Expressjet pays you per diem, which works out to about 1500 bucks for the 6-7 weeks you'll be in Houston for training. The double occupancy hotel room is paid for as well.

They should be paying guarantee to the newhires during training, would it really cost that much? no, maybe an extra half a million per year.

Colgan Does

Colgan pays a daily rate of $50 per day, gives you a double occupancy hotel room, get your badge and priviledges in first week and your benefits kick in right away. They also fed us most days when I was in training.

Piedmont pays a stipend as well as single occupancy rooms last I know. SkyWest pays 65 hours a month while in training, and they pick up the tab for the hotel, but its double occupancy (and no, you will not be paired up with a FA)

Why are they double occupancy hotel rooms? Not that it's a huge deal and a roomate could help with studying. However if could suck if the guy snores, is messy, watchs tv a lot or in whatever ways keeps you from your work.... a hot FA would be nice but something tells me that I'd study even less with her in the room.

They're double occupancy because the airline is too cruel/cheap to give everyone their own.

I did study with my roomate quite a bit, but I still would've studied with my classmates if I had my own room.

You will get tired of living with the same person for 6 weeks in small hotel room. Luckily I switched roomates when we transitioned from ground school to sims, so at least I had some variety.

The only way you will get your own room is if you're a chick and there's no other chicks for you to room with (they will not room you with an FA). I guess that could also work if you're a dude and everyone else in your class is a chick.

Mesa pays equipment guarantee in training, but doesn't pay per diem or hotel. They pick up hotel at the start of sim. (well they provide accomodation, ask people about the Del Rio or the campus housing, but it's free) and per diem kicks in the hour after you pass your checkride.

AWAC pays during training and single occupancy rooms. Not a great hotel, just don't wear white socks in the hotel and they won't change colors on you.

Latest resources

Back