• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

which job to take

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
QOL on turbojet air ambulance can be rough. If you want a life, make sure that the employer gives you hard days off each month.

i'd take the lear job. I flew freight for over a year and wouldnt trade that experience for anything. but after doing it, id nere do it again because workign nights sucks. The lear time is valuable time. the turbine pic time is SINGLE engine time. Youll be getting the turbine pic in the lear in no time. if youre young, you can afford to hang there for a few years and pay your dues in the right seat..it'll pay off in the long run. besides if you get a type out of it youll wont have too much trouble finding a job when you get furloughed.

With the C208 you won't get ME time. With the 402 you wont get turbine/jet time. With the Lear you get ME Jet and crew coordination flying an airplane that flys about as high and as fast as it gets. It's great that you have opportunities to choose from! I hope this is a trend for us all.

I find myself in a similar situation, but without any interviews scheduled yet. I'll pile on with everyone else here and say the Lear job for all the reasons everyone's already mentioned. The 402 would be my choice 2, and the Caravan last. Regards!

the Lear, definitely.

my Lear SIC time got me hired at Comair. although I did have my type, i only had about 150 jet PIC. they really didn't care because i had 1000 hours in a jet. some might talk about 1000 turbine PIC being the key, but in today's market the real deal is 121 turbine PIC, not 135 or 91 flying.

I don't think so TIM!

This isn't a bash...so let's not get started. But the "REAL DEAL" or key is Turbine PIC!

CaptainV...if that is your standpoint...tell my buddy he screwed up by building his turbine PIC time through 135 On-Demand...I am sure he will gladly give up the 121 job he just started flying for a dam n good airline....due to his 1000+ Turbojet PIC...oh yeah and he is only 27!

Tex

Lownslow.....take the LEAR!!!

Last edited:
TxPilot0878,

no, not meant as a slam at all, although i said it poorly. 1000 turbine PIC will still open a lot of doors, but i think you'll find increasingly that it won't get you on at a major. i know airtran requires 500 121 PIC now, and i believe others have followed suit.

if your friend got a job at a major with his experience, my hat's off. my only point was i got a great job at a regional with turbine SIC time, my PIC time wasn't much of a factor either way. for me, it'll be 121 PIC time that allows me to advance my career...

No Prob!

Captainv, I just wanted to clarify for Lownslow that 121 is not mandatory or his only option,...but I agree if the choice was 135 or 121 even for an extra year to upgrade then 121 would be the way to go. But if 135 is the only offer on the table then it would be assinine to hold out for a couple of years for 121.

Regards,

Tex

Latest resources

Back