• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which is better DCA or MAPD? or whatever? 4 training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That year figure is incorrect, atleast after 9/11. The longest I ever saw people wait was about 4 months. Now, the are in ground school within 2-4 weeks from completion of the CRJ course (includes interviewing).

Of course, that could change at a moments notice. And the ab-initio pass rate is around 95%-96%. Just an FYI.

~wheelsup

I'm currently going to Pan Am Int'l Flight Academy in Phoenix after a 7 year stint in the Army where I only got 550 hours. My instructor just got hired with 700tt and 150 or so ME. School has agreements with several regionals for preferential hiring (read: lower hiring mins). PM me for more details and I'll give you a real serious breakdown on how I feel about the program and what it's like.

I've heard of several people getting on with less than 1000TT. There are tons of guys getting on at skywest that bearly meet the mins.

Neither.

Fly Part 61 at a local FBO. You'll save at least $15,000, have more fun, and be less of a dork. Best of all, you won't regale your poor captains with stories from back "when I was in flight school..." like you went through UPT or something.

viper548 said:
I've heard of several people getting on with less than 1000TT. There are tons of guys getting on at skywest that bearly meet the mins.

Very interesting...

-mini

Originally Posted by viper548
I've heard of several people getting on with less than 1000TT. There are tons of guys getting on at skywest that bearly meet the mins

minitour said:
Very interesting...

-mini
beary, beary interesting.... :)

I know a guy who got on with NWA airlink with 600tt 70me.....if that isnt low i dont know what is. I know another guy who got hired by skywest with 100tt and 125me....he said they are looking at hiring no less than 80 pilots a month until march 06.

Latest resources

Back