Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which is a better airplane CRJ or the ERJ ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
410dude said:
The CRJ is way cooler. I've been to FL410 in it. How many of you ERJ drivers can say that?

Anyone flying a brand new Legacy can do it (and the old ones can get a mod for it). Other than that...all I can say is you may think your CRJ is something special but at least ERJ and Legacy (FL410-Capable) drivers don't ever have to worry about engines flaming out for no reason...

People I have talked to who have flown both say the ERJ is far more advanced than the CRJ. Having J/S'ed on a few I would say that is a correct assessment.

LegacyDriver said:
Anyone flying a brand new Legacy can do it (and the old ones can get a mod for it). Other than that...all I can say is you may think your CRJ is something special but at least ERJ and Legacy (FL410-Capable) drivers don't ever have to worry about engines flaming out for no reason...

People I have talked to who have flown both say the ERJ is far more advanced than the CRJ. Having J/S'ed on a few I would say that is a correct assessment.
'

I don't thinks so! More advanced how?

jehtplane said:
'

I don't thinks so! More advanced how?

I have to agree with LegacyDriver. Where to start....how about FADEC, auto anti-ice, auto-start, cleaner cockpit, 1/4 the test swithces, one button fire test are a few. ERJ is a lower workload plane, I find myself pressing less buttons on a typical flight than the CRJ

The CRJ avionics are a little nicer though

I was looking at the CRJ700 and the EMB170 next to each other. The EMB sits up way higher and that is the only reason people think the plane is so "BIG". The 700 isn't as roomy inside but it is not really that much smaller. Anyone agree? Also the 700 is not a software disaster like the 170.

eastflier said:
I was looking at the CRJ700 and the EMB170 next to each other. The EMB sits up way higher and that is the only reason people think the plane is so "BIG". The 700 isn't as roomy inside but it is not really that much smaller. Anyone agree? Also the 700 is not a software disaster like the 170.

First of all, complaining about software in a modern airplane is kinda' silly. Software problems are short-term in nature and easily rectified with programming. I am sure the EMB-145 had similar problems early-on as did any other computer-intensive airplane.

As for comfort the 145 is a THOUSAND times more comfortable than *ANY* CRJ. I have flown in the back of the 50-, 70-, and 90-seat CRJs and they are borderline torture every single one of them... I have no idea about the 170 but if the seat pitch is the same in the 170 then it is more comfortable than the CRJ for my money. I avoid CRJs at all costs if I can.

Latest resources

Back