Which is a better airplane CRJ or the ERJ ?

iahawkeye

Total Time
>1000
nice avatar!

this subject is gay

410dude

The CRJ is way cooler. I've been to FL410 in it. How many of you ERJ drivers can say that?

FlamingFUPA

Cattywompus Like WHOA
Total Time
410dude said:
The CRJ is way cooler. I've been to FL410 in it. How many of you ERJ drivers can say that?
Did you wear your backpack and stiletto heels?

410dude

Because it's cool at 410, saying "checkin' in at 410" and stuff. Knowing that all the other RJ's are below you too is cool.

Bryan D

Total Time
45 yrs
410dude said:
Because it's cool at 410, saying "checkin' in at 410" and stuff. Knowing that all the other RJ's are below you too is cool.
Can I get your autograph? Please?

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
Total Time
Enough
410dude said:
Anyone flying a brand new Legacy can do it (and the old ones can get a mod for it). Other than that...all I can say is you may think your CRJ is something special but at least ERJ and Legacy (FL410-Capable) drivers don't ever have to worry about engines flaming out for no reason...

People I have talked to who have flown both say the ERJ is far more advanced than the CRJ. Having J/S'ed on a few I would say that is a correct assessment.

jehtplane

Total Time
8500+
410dude said:

It's past your bedtime.

jehtplane

Total Time
8500+
LegacyDriver said:
Anyone flying a brand new Legacy can do it (and the old ones can get a mod for it). Other than that...all I can say is you may think your CRJ is something special but at least ERJ and Legacy (FL410-Capable) drivers don't ever have to worry about engines flaming out for no reason...

People I have talked to who have flown both say the ERJ is far more advanced than the CRJ. Having J/S'ed on a few I would say that is a correct assessment.
'

I don't thinks so! More advanced how?

five-alive

Total Time
what
jehtplane said:
'

I don't thinks so! More advanced how?

I have to agree with LegacyDriver. Where to start....how about FADEC, auto anti-ice, auto-start, cleaner cockpit, 1/4 the test swithces, one button fire test are a few. ERJ is a lower workload plane, I find myself pressing less buttons on a typical flight than the CRJ

The CRJ avionics are a little nicer though

Bdfg1

Total Time
If flown by a bottem feeding regional, neither.

eastflier

Total Time
I was looking at the CRJ700 and the EMB170 next to each other. The EMB sits up way higher and that is the only reason people think the plane is so "BIG". The 700 isn't as roomy inside but it is not really that much smaller. Anyone agree? Also the 700 is not a software disaster like the 170.

BlackPilot628

Total Time
5000+
jehtplane said:
The CRJ-700
The CRJ7 is a nice airplane; but it is not even comparable to the E170. Not even close.

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
Total Time
Enough
eastflier said:
I was looking at the CRJ700 and the EMB170 next to each other. The EMB sits up way higher and that is the only reason people think the plane is so "BIG". The 700 isn't as roomy inside but it is not really that much smaller. Anyone agree? Also the 700 is not a software disaster like the 170.
First of all, complaining about software in a modern airplane is kinda' silly. Software problems are short-term in nature and easily rectified with programming. I am sure the EMB-145 had similar problems early-on as did any other computer-intensive airplane.

As for comfort the 145 is a THOUSAND times more comfortable than *ANY* CRJ. I have flown in the back of the 50-, 70-, and 90-seat CRJs and they are borderline torture every single one of them... I have no idea about the 170 but if the seat pitch is the same in the 170 then it is more comfortable than the CRJ for my money. I avoid CRJs at all costs if I can.