• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which FBO to Choose?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dooker's comments about girls are not that stoopid!! Go to Olbia, what do they have........??? Yep, lots of pretty girls. Reason for it?? Like it or not, the majority of GA pilots & pax are male = deliberate placement of eye candy, pure & simple. Some FBO managers will even admit to it.

Now, when you try to get weather/NOTAMs at Olbia, that can sometimes be a very different matter!! :rolleyes:

Other factors? The company paying the invoice will want the cheapest price, the pilots wll always want too much, but to me, it all boils down to cistomer service (for pax + pilots). Intelligent anticipation of requirements is essential - landing after a 6 hr flight with 10 pax with a ferry flight soon after = toilet + water service standing by without even being requested, weather/NOTAMs for the ferry sector handed to me at the bottom of the aircraft steps, fuel truck waiting, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Obviously my Pax come first and you need to take care of them first.

But Help me Help Them.

Here is what I have to have:

1. A computer with internet and a printer. Most FBOs do this but some still think a WSI computer is a flight planning aid. I'll tell you the truth, I have no idea how to use WSI. If I can't get onto fltplan.com then I call the company, make them do it and fax me the flight plan and weather.

2. Did I mention a computer with internet and a printer?

Here's what I would like:

1. A quiet room out of sight with TV.
2. A GPU that works.
3. Free stuff; coffee, snacks, ect. The more the better.
4. A crew car. Nice ones are nice, but I'll settle for anything.
5. Help with getting hotels set up and arranging transportation.
6. Hot chicks never hurt. Right or wrong it's a trend in the FBO industry that's nice.
7. Restrooms that don't remind me of a highschool.
8. AvTrip or some other fuel incentive plan that puts cash in my pocket.

Oh, and don't forget what makes the plane airworthy...the PIC:

Paper
Ice
Coffee

Have a selection of papers that include the WSJ, NY Times, USA Today and some local paper. Try to have coffee that doesn't taste like mud.

Good luck. Hope I drop by to check out your FBO sometime.

Last edited:
Here's another tip. Fractional pilots don't pick FBOs, but corporate pilots do. Don't lay off sucking up to pilots thinking they don't make the FBO decisions. Many many do.

Given your response you:

A) Have never actually been with a girl

B) Are sadly married to a fat, middle aged nag who has taken every ounce of your manhood with her constant whining, complaining and refusal to give you any

C) Fail to realize that it does not matter what the girl behind the counter looks like, she is not going to have anything to do with a loser like you

D) Covering that you are gay (and yes... the ramp and counter guys think you are a loser too).

Grow up.

Soooo, your name is Aviation Geek. Obviously you have not read many of Dooker's posts. Many of us come on FI primarily to entertain ourselves. Dooker personifies this. He very rarely makes a serious post, and he often cracks up the board. Maybe, instead of asking him to grow up, we should ask you to lighten up. Dooker, keep up the good work! You sometimes bomb, but not often.:beer:

Given your response you:

A) Have never actually been with a girl

B) Are sadly married to a fat, middle aged nag who has taken every ounce of your manhood with her constant whining, complaining and refusal to give you any

C) Fail to realize that it does not matter what the girl behind the counter looks like, she is not going to have anything to do with a loser like you

D) Covering that you are gay (and yes... the ramp and counter guys think you are a loser too).

Grow up.

Big talk for a 270 hour pilot.

And is it just me, or does this guy actually write with a lisp?

Soooo, your name is Aviation Geek. Obviously you have not read many of Dooker's posts. Many of us come on FI primarily to entertain ourselves. Dooker personifies this. He very rarely makes a serious post, and he often cracks up the board. Maybe, instead of asking him to grow up, we should ask you to lighten up. Dooker, keep up the good work! You sometimes bomb, but not often.:beer:

Thanks, man. You hit the nail on the head.

I think that Dooker has a better shot with the counter girl, then you would when you roll up in your shiney 172.

Latest resources

Back