• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Company is better USA Jet or Ameristar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just went to each website and OUCH! look at those hiring minimums. Being a recent Embry-Riddle grad perhaps they would take that into accout, plus I have a 737 type rating. I certinally dont want to sit copilot for more than a month or two, I need jet PIC. Do you all know any place that I can obtain Jet PIC time quicker, like I said I want to move on to the airlines ASAP

no1uknow, you have to crawl before you run, the only jobs are regional and some limited majors. I would take freight any day of the week over regional job. The only thing I know about USA and Ameristar is that the owners don't seem to like one another, pilots are pilots, we all need a job. Later

no1uknow said:
I just went to each website and OUCH! look at those hiring minimums. Being a recent Embry-Riddle grad perhaps they would take that into accout, plus I have a 737 type rating. I certinally dont want to sit copilot for more than a month or two, I need jet PIC. Do you all know any place that I can obtain Jet PIC time quicker, like I said I want to move on to the airlines ASAP

Thanks for the laugh, must be flame, or this guy is a fruitcake. There are thousands of pilots out there with thousands of hours of jet PIC time that are looking for the same job you've chosen, maybe the riddle degree will help though.:D

Last edited:
Yah, I about spit out the juice I was drinking I laughed so hard. Just cause hes a riddle grad hes soooo special. LOL! Thanks for the laugh buddy, but no where in the last 40 years have you been able to move from the right seat to the left seat in a month. Just cause you have a 737 type doesn't mean you have the line experience to sit Captain in the time period you want, try back in 4 to 8 years....funny stuff.

no1uknow said:
Ah, don't even bother with AJI or JUS. If you got a 737 type and are an ERAU grad, you got it made. You got the world by the short hairs. Just go right to the airlines. Here is some contact info for you, but please don't share it. Call Mr. Herb Kelleher at 800-IFL-YSWA. Ask to be connected direct to Mr. Kelleher. Just say, "Hey Herb, I just graduated at ERAU, you know the greatest aviation school out there, and I have my type rating.....so when do I start?" He appreciates the direct approach. Good luck.

Last edited:
pilotyip said:
If it is not the truth, it will corrected in ample time. Besides why would we buy 47's we have them under contract through our biding system amd if Ameristar gets some we will have some more 47's bidding on our system. It is a win-win for everyone. This is the kinda thing that makes you feel good about the industry and the brotherhood.

My 747 crack was meant to be sarcastic...

so was mine

no1uknow, as a ERAU grad, I'm embarrassed for you. Riddle is a fine school, but I don't know where you feel like you're going to just slide into the left seat because of your expensive education in a warm location. I flight instructed two years, flew checks another two years, car parts, and now fly for a regional. Go out and get some experience and lose the arrogance. When you get 6 or 7 thousand hours, then you can start thinking of competing with the rest of us for one of the good airline jobs.

take USAJ

Hey everybody...step aside...here comes the Embry Riddle grad. Just kidding, had to razz you a little about that.

no1uknow said:

Get a clue man!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back