• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Airlines would you apply to?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing that airline employees have going for them this time is that the bankruptcy laws have changed. Next time it will not be as easy to binge and purge everything. The will have to answer a lot more questions, especially to the creditors.
We as employees do not have that much to give anymore. The creditors will have more protection. Ergo there is no real cost savings by going in to court protection. It does not mean that they will not try, it just means that it will be more difficult.

Then why are you spending your time in airline threads?

I would fly boxes OR people to get away from NJA flying . . . . but I'm not hanging out in the "fracs" section jonesing to tell everyone about it. :rolleyes:

Am I not allowed?

I like to browse up on the "lingo" and the "Who's doing who this week" before starting a tour.

Nothing like the 411.

Plus, I don't watch any soaps... I don't have to when I come here! :nuts:

Airline is in my blood... I have a past there so I am interested in the play-by-play but I've truly had my fill of 121 fun.

Come on over to the Frax section. We don't bite. It's remarkably identical to this section only we fight management over there, not each other. :beer:

I've truly had my fill of 121 fun.

Me too. Except I realized the other day that I miss bidding. I know. Sounds crazy. But I miss the PBS -- it was a challenge! I liked trying to construct a series of commands to "beat" the computer. I was junior just about everywhere I worked so I knew I was going to have to work weekends. But if I bid a 4-day trip starting on a Wednesday, and then asked for an early return on day 4, I would almost always get a trip that got home at 8 or 9am on Saturday. I'd be off Sunday and POOF...junior blockholder gets the weekends off!

At USAir I enjoyed playing the AIL. I could almost always pick up a trip worth more time than the one I had. I enjoyed bidding trips that touched vacation or training and end up getting 14+ days off some months.

Oh sure, I love having a schedule like I do now. Home almost every night, 2-3 weekends off a month, etc... but where's the CHALLENGE?!

;)

How does Airtran or Jetblue fit into the equation?

I think he/she has 135 background? I believe 500pic part 121 (or military) is still required at AT.

1)FedEx
2)UPS
3)SWA
4)ALK
5)CAL
6)DAL

ditto!! With one caveot (sp), We had a DAL Captain on the jumpseat who said there were very few Captains left there over 52. This could be an issue unless they grow a lot, especially if the 65 goes through.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back