• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Airlines would you apply to?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your 135 you are not going to a major, no how no way. You will have to go to a regional, thats the only way, or join the military, and make sure you have a college degree. So with that in mind, try SKYW or RAH.

next question.

Thank you for your input, sir or ma'am. If you don't mind, which airline do you work for?

Last edited:
If I had any money? None...

doctor, lawyer, politician, bartender in key west.

if that doesn't pan out, try mcdonalds, burger king or taco bell.

the airline bidness is for the birds.

All the fractionals fly 135 (NJ is the only one using 91K for pax legs, but still does many 135 flights). I know of guys going to Southwest, Continental, UPS, and Fedex in the last 6 months from NJA. It is much more common for the majors to hire pilots from the regionals and military, but they do take from elsewhere also. I would have to guess with times listed and from being outside the military or airline world, it will be a longshot to get hired by one of the majors without knowing a chief pilot or at least having many glowing internal recommendations. Good luck getting wherever you so wish, however you have to get there.

You might be a bit premature with the DAL rec...
Delta Returns to Trading
With Strong Balance Sheet

By THOMAS G. DONLAN
May 13, 2007

Pilots often say that any landing you walk away from is a good landing. By that standard, Delta Air Lines made a good landing into bankruptcy in 2005, for the company walked away from the wreckage and spread its wings for a new take-off this month.
Not so the old shareholders, who were wiped out. The 400 million new shares that opened for trading on the New York Stock Exchange May 3 were issued to former Delta unsecured creditors, employees, managers and the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
Trading under the old ticker symbol, DAL, the shares finished last week at about $19. Over the next two quarters, however, the company should do well enough to justify a price closer to $25. Looking further ahead, two Morgan Stanley analysts may well be right when they say "buy on material weakness," and project a share price of $27 to $29.
Delta shed about $13 billion of debt and lease obligations, 6,000 people and 82 planes during its bankruptcy-law proceedings. It now has one of the stronger balance sheets in the industry. And it is looking to grow primarily on international routes, which can be more profitable than domestic business. Moreover, there's a general uptrend in the airline industry and summer is always its best period.
But Delta and all airlines are risky investments, highly vulnerable to slumps, terrorism, fuel-price increases and overcapacity. They face intense competition on key routes. They do well in good times and atrociously in bad times.
Delta's operating losses hit $3.3 billion in 2004 and $2 billion in 2005, before an operating profit of $58 million in 2006. For 2007, Delta projects a pretax profit of about $800 million -- about $2 a new share, meaning the shares are trading for about 10 times 2007 earnings.
Thomas G. Donlan is a staff writer at Barron's magazine, available online at www.barrons.com.

But hey, Green knows better..... He is still bitter that he couldn't come on over in a merger, and has to stay with USAir and that mess. What a fun Summer they will have over there.....riiiiight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

How does Airtran or Jetblue fit into the equation? I think there are some happy people working there. I think a lot has to do with how a particular company fits into an individuals life. Also, is it possible that it is premature to look at any legacy right now? Just because they are recently out of BK does not mean that they are on firm ground so to speak. Is it better to get on with a smaller company that is on a steady pace and have a better seniority sooner than the bottom of a very large list with a company that has yet to prove it will be able to manage itself financially? Is money everything? I can think of at least a dozen professions that pay better, and right away with a good QOL than aviation. These are not opinions that I either endorse or disagree with, but merely some thoughts on the topic.

How does Airtran or Jetblue fit into the equation? I think there are some happy people working there. I think a lot has to do with how a particular company fits into an individuals life. Also, is it possible that it is premature to look at any legacy right now? Just because they are recently out of BK does not mean that they are on firm ground so to speak. Is it better to get on with a smaller company that is on a steady pace and have a better seniority sooner than the bottom of a very large list with a company that has yet to prove it will be able to manage itself financially? Is money everything? I can think of at least a dozen professions that pay better, and right away with a good QOL than aviation. These are not opinions that I either endorse or disagree with, but merely some thoughts on the topic.
It all depends on our next contract. If they raise copilot pay by 15% like they should then AirTran will be a great place to consider. To me as a soon to be 8 yr guy it's pretty good here but to a 2 yr guy looking at a longer than projected upgrade then I don't know. Hopefully our next ta takes care of more than just the top of the list or we'll have to send it back.

I think FO's at AirTran need more than 15% . . . . more like 20%. Junior CA's need some lovin', too. :cool:

I agree. We all need some love. Especially the junior guys.Hopefully this ta will not be like that 2001 pos that we turned down.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back