• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Airlines would you apply to?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you mean other than FedEx, UPS, SWA?

Have you already applied to these three?

Looking for advice

I think these are no-brainers as long as you meet their minimums. I am a 135 guy trying to make the jump to 121. I meet the minimums at several places. I am looking for advice from those in the 121 world. If you were in my shoes, who would you apply to?

apply to every major, and take the first one that hires you, with only 1000 hrs of turbine pic you can't afford to be picky, after you get hired then keep trying to cherry pick the perfect job.

SWA- First choice, no brainer
UPS- No brainer. Probably first choice but not realistic because of the transoceanic requirement. Could be an international widebody captain in a few years in Alaska.
FedEx- Not sure if they are hiring in 07, but another no brainer. Could even be based in Paris.
DAL - Lots of potential, but risky. Probably will be the best, if only legacy worth working at.
ACMI carriers - Apply to any of these, Gemini, Atlas, World?, and get the time and then go to the best gig in aviation UPS (or FedEx if they are hiring)
Emirates - 777 flying all over the world
Cathay Pacific - Great career but tough interview
Other than DAL, I can't see any legacy being a good choice anymore.

SWA- First choice, no brainer
UPS- No brainer. Probably first choice but not realistic because of the transoceanic requirement. Could be an international widebody captain in a few years in Alaska.
FedEx- Not sure if they are hiring in 07, but another no brainer. Could even be based in Paris.
DAL - Lots of potential, but risky. Probably will be the best, if only legacy worth working at.
ACMI carriers - Apply to any of these, Gemini, Atlas, World?, and get the time and then go to the best gig in aviation UPS (or FedEx if they are hiring)
Emirates - 777 flying all over the world
Cathay Pacific - Great career but tough interview
Other than DAL, I can't see any legacy being a good choice anymore.

You might be a bit premature with the DAL rec...

I think these are no-brainers as long as you meet their minimums. I am a 135 guy trying to make the jump to 121. I meet the minimums at several places. I am looking for advice from those in the 121 world. If you were in my shoes, who would you apply to?

If your 135 you are not going to a major, no how no way. You will have to go to a regional, thats the only way, or join the military, and make sure you have a college degree. So with that in mind, try SKYW or RAH.

next question.

If your 135 you are not going to a major, no how no way. You will have to go to a regional, thats the only way, or join the military, and make sure you have a college degree. So with that in mind, try SKYW or RAH.

next question.

I don't think that's 100% accurate.

It is not accurate in the case of SWA. Guys have been hired there from 135 operators. I know two people that fit into this category.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back