• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Which Aircraft to Buy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Forget price for now. You need a C-182,PA-32-260 or 300, C-206,a C-172 will work but you will just get the two 200lbers and half fuel to get out of that 2000 foot strip. The price of airplanes have gone out the roof, you will need 50K to 70K to get any aircraft that will do what you want it to do.

Dawg,

Much as it pains me to agree with Turbo here, I do. I've seen a number of cases recently where friends selling airplanes got embroiled in bidding wars among the buyers.

With one bud, people were faxing him unsolcited deposits, sight unseen.

If you are looking for a good deal, you are about 12 months too late. I mean, read Trade-a-Plane. 100k for a 78 Archer, 130k for a 76 182... I mean, are people nucking futs?

It's like the housing market, completely nuts. With oil at $60, and our own economy getting ready to deflate like a cheap beach toy, I can't for the life of me figure out where people get their money. Granted, I live in a fairly desirable part of the country, but when I'm working in the front yard, and people roll up out of the blue, and ask me if I want to sell my house for 4 times what I bought it for, then something is f@!#ed.

The only answer I can come up with is the first wave of the boomers retiring. Lots of disposable income, and no patience to wait out a good value. They want everything NOW NOW NOW, and will pay out the a$$ for it.

Nu

I was going to suggest a Citabria.. but for 2x 200lbs.. spring for the 7GCAA or 7KCAB... the extra power should allow you to carry that much weight and still have decent performance.

Dawg,

Just a thought, if you want to haul two big guys, in your price range, you might look at a Stinson 108.

Don't know nuthin about them except what I read. Since you're an A&P, I assume you know how to do a thorough pre-purchase... :)

Latest resources

Back