• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to Stay / What to do - Nassau

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the wealthy usually go to MYNN for the One and Only Ocean Club....(at least that's the only reason I have ever been there...)

Also, until very recently, there was no other place in the Bahamas for very large yachts.

They certainly don't go for the beaches, hospitality, Atlantis, or Cable Beach....

:(

Well enjoy the fish fry and the colonial Hilton man...I'll take ANY of those cities over Nassua ANY day. Hell....aside from the distance away, I'd take Mumbai or Jakarta over Nassau.

If thats the best food in town you are likely on a fractional or regional per-diem. Save up a few weeks worth and try out Chez Willie on Bay St. Far better. Hilton points must make Nassau an exotic layover?

I'm with the others here, any extended stay I'd check on the ability to repo or airline out of dumpy Nassau. If not, like anywhere, I'd just use common sense and keep in mind there's a new crime scene in Nassau - simple robberies of white tourists are now done with shotguns and beat downs..http://blog.lipcon.com/2009/11/nassau_crime_wave_hits_cruises.html.

Google more yourself - plenty of cruise ships have ditched MYNN in the last year or so. Would I insist I'd NOT stay there because its unsafe? NO...but I'd jump on the opportunity to catch a flight to KFLL etc for the week.

and really....

"ass master"......:confused:......"dude"....are you 12 yrs old?

Would you like me to look up crime stats on US cities? I bet I can find more than just one mugging that someone got beat up and a shotgun was used.

Would you like me to look up crime stats on US cities? I bet I can find more than just one mugging that someone got beat up and a shotgun was used.

Do I want you to look up crime statistics?.....uh sure, if you want....:confused:

Oh, why you're at it, why not ask the Bahamian Government about the crime rates in Nassau. Im sure you will get an accurate answer. After all, tourism is really only a small part of their economy...they wouldn't lie.

Seriously, enjoy MYNN. To each his own. To some its Paradise and adds to their "International Experience"..lol.... To me its a F'n ghetto that I'd be happy to never see again.

If you're on Paradise Island, walk across the bridge to Potters Cay, the straw market with the brightly colored shacks and walk around. You can get beers and food at different ones. Make sure you hit Uncle Tellis' conch stand and get the wild boar if he has it. Tellis is a nice guy and was featured on the front page of the USA Today Money section in January in an article about the economy affecting tourism. If you have a grill, you can buy a fish from other vendors and bring it back with you. With your back toward Atlantis, take a left along Eastern Road, and the first dirt parking lot you come to usually has a family or two selling conch and fresh caught fish.

Senor Frogs is where all the drunk cruise girls go. Make sure you hit Crazy Johnnies as well.

And explain to me what's wrong with this? :p

Damn straight!!! And everytime I go to ACK that is another crossing. :beer:

The problem is ya do it every weekend......its like saying that going skiing in Vail is "vacation"...:erm:

Stop by and say HI sometime if you are around the next few weeks....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back