Where to Stay / What to do - Nassau

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amused

I'm amused by a couple on here who have the option of repositioning because they dont like the hotel.

My company would have a difficult time allowing us to reposition at an OC of 5750 an hour. Are you two guys hiring? It musy be nice to have that option in this economy.. Unless you two are flyin C-340's. If so, please ignore my hiring plea.

If you are interested diving, most of the better hotels hold a one day diving course. It lets you experience diving in a control environment. There are also certification classes available.

Take a puddle jumper and go to Exuma, Eluethera, Abaco, etc. All are gorgeous islands and will cost much less.

Fly safe.

I'm amused by a couple on here who have the option of repositioning because they dont like the hotel.

My company would have a difficult time allowing us to reposition at an OC of 5750 an hour. Are you two guys hiring? It musy be nice to have that option in this economy.. Unless you two are flyin C-340's. If so, please ignore my hiring plea.

We did this when I flew for private owner. Cost wasn't as much of a consideration, however with the crew at home and the airplane parked at a cheaper FBO for a week or more and with none of the exposure of being parked in a nearly third-world country it made sense to put a total of less than an hour (round trip) on the airframe to keep it in Miami.

I'm not sure my current company would feel much differently. If you're counting hours on the airframe for more than crew safety and that of the company's assets you may need a C-340.

There have been some very bad things happen to some cruise excursions over the past few months. Nassau is perhaps creeping to a new low. I would not be out at night unless I was very close to my hotel

There have been some very bad things happen to some cruise excursions over the past few months. Nassau is perhaps creeping to a new low. I would not be out at night unless I was very close to my hotel

what happened?

Uh No.....Nasty as you're a little white kid who clearly stands out as a pilot tourista wandering around with a Spring Break buzz and $80 in his pocket.

Thats enough to get you killed in Nassau at night.

:laugh:

Enjoy!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/cruise-news/6669176/Nassau-crime-wave-hits-cruises.html

Get you killed? that place is safer than half the cities in the US. Philly, Vegas, Sewark, New Orleans, Cleveland?????????? Would you walk around any of those places during the day the day let alone at night? Sure if you walk around like a little ************************* and dress like an ass master you might get robbed but that goes for just about anywhere. The British Colonial Hilton puts you close to the fish fry best food in town, the beach sucks though. Most hotels are pretty close to the same half assed conditions down there.

Get you killed? that place is safer than half the cities in the US. Philly, Vegas, Sewark, New Orleans, Cleveland?????????? Would you walk around any of those places during the day the day let alone at night? Sure if you walk around like a little ************************* and dress like an ass master you might get robbed but that goes for just about anywhere. The British Colonial Hilton puts you close to the fish fry best food in town, the beach sucks though. Most hotels are pretty close to the same half assed conditions down there.

Well enjoy the fish fry and the colonial Hilton man...I'll take ANY of those cities over Nassua ANY day. Hell....aside from the distance away, I'd take Mumbai or Jakarta over Nassau.

If thats the best food in town you are likely on a fractional or regional per-diem. Save up a few weeks worth and try out Chez Willie on Bay St. Far better. Hilton points must make Nassau an exotic layover?

I'm with the others here, any extended stay I'd check on the ability to repo or airline out of dumpy Nassau. If not, like anywhere, I'd just use common sense and keep in mind there's a new crime scene in Nassau - simple robberies of white tourists are now done with shotguns and beat downs..http://blog.lipcon.com/2009/11/nassau_crime_wave_hits_cruises.html.

Google more yourself - plenty of cruise ships have ditched MYNN in the last year or so. Would I insist I'd NOT stay there because its unsafe? NO...but I'd jump on the opportunity to catch a flight to KFLL etc for the week.

and really....

"ass master"......:confused:......"dude"....are you 12 yrs old?

After a couple of dozen trips there I am of the opinion that Nassau is simply a recreation of mid-80's Atlantic City, albiet with warmer water. I've never understood how wealthy people that can afford their own plane (or at least a share of one) travel to Nassau. I am sure this does not reflect the rest of the Bahamas, which as mentioned above, are much better places to visit.

Latest resources

Back