Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ puppy

Ok guys and gals...

Planning a "quickie" trip to Hawaii. How about some recommendations where to stay in Waikiki. Inexpensive, but not cheap...don't want to have to worry about dirty sheets!

Ideas, suggestions & thoughts welcome.

Fire away!

Thanks.

Check out the Outrigger. They have a few hotels around the islands. They give an airline employee discount, just make sure you have your ID at check-in. Nice place, clean sheets, no bugs, great view.

Outtrigger is definately the place to stay....they give airline rates, and if you get bumped from your flight there is no penalty for a cancellation. It will cost no more than 100 bucks per night. Also Ohana Hotels are good. Here are some #'s:

Ohana - 1-800-462-6262
Ohana Waikiki 808-92307711
Outrigger: 808-955-1111

Good luck and enjoy!

Maui is great too if you can't make it to HNL.

3 years ago I stayed in the Honolulu Prince. It was a 5 min walk to Wakiki Beach. 29.99 a night if you show your Airine ID at check in. The room wasnt anything I'd take a chick to, but it wasnt dirty. Plus there is a strip club right across the street so you cant go wrong.

Ive stayed in the Royal Hawaiian a handful of times. Real nice place. Its the little pink hotel in the middle of the big ones. But this was years back, I dont know if it has changed.

I just stayed at the Double Tree - Waikiki and they gave me my room for $75 night... And from what I hear, that was an absolutely killer deal... 5 minute walk to the beach...

Outrigger

I stayed at Outrigger Waikiki last fall for a quickie trip. It is ON the beach and had airline rates. Got upgraded to a nice room with ocean view.

However, I DID NOT like Waikiki Beach at all. VERY skinny beach and overcrowded. Many Many Many overpriced stores on the strip. Reminded me of Panama City with Paris shopping strips and lots of highrises. But for a first trip to HI, not bad. I got to see Pearl Harbour (a must) and the Dole plantation, North shore, shave ice, etc...

If I were you, I would fly into Maui instead if you can. If you want to shop and tour then Waikiki may be your best bet, but if you are looking for beautiful beaches and a relaxing island experience, go to Maui or another Island.

Good luck!!

Latest resources

Back