Where to Live in Houston?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

free.bird

Where do most of the CAL pilots live in Houston?

I've heard the Museum District/Memorial Park/Hospital areas are nice as well as Clear Lake and Humble...

Just curious what is the best value and being able to drive easily to IAH.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

go north for your sanity. Houston is the Texas Toilet.

a good base, but not a nice place to live in my opinion.

Brenham, College Station, Magnolia area is nice...but it's a bit of a drive.

i commute via air and it's worth it. Houston is just not a very appealing environment to call home for me.

Clear Lake/Kemah/La Porte-South areas near the bay. 1hr at least drive...more likely 1.5
Kingwood/woodlands/Conroe-north areas with nice neighborhoods. 25 minutes except Conroe is a little bit further.

downtown is a dump...
Mookie

i live in Fairfield neighborhood on the northwest side, probably the most bang for your buck on the north west side of houston right now that we found. Its got great schools if you have kids/planning on having kids. I grew up in Houston and like this area the most from what I have seen. Woodlands is nice, but very expensive. Both are about a 35 minute drive to IAH. If your looking more for land, Magnolia and area off of 1488 between Magnolia and Woodlands is probably the place to go.

I live in the Dallas area, but I've got to say that Houston's downtown area, (near Rice), blows away anything in Dallas.....

Take a look at The Woodlands if you can. Great place to live, good schools, good investment(for Texas), and good quality of life. Yes, it is true that we could have the same house for less outside of here, but i'd like to think we'll get that back when we sell it. Regardless, in my opinion, finding something suitable beats commuting any day! Good luck.

Fly

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back