• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to live in DTW?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want to live cheap and close to the airport (10 min Drive to Metro/5 min drive to Willow Run), consider Belleville. Granted, there is nothing there to do, but it's close and not violent. Southport Apartments, Westlake Apartments are nice. If you want cheaper and nastier....Harbour Club Apartments. Hope that helps. Novi is really nice, but it is much more expensive. If you're looking for a cheap Novi, try Canton.

Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti are both college towns if your looking for a younger crowd, Lots of crash pads in the Belleville area South Port/Harbour Club apartments are cheap and close to both Willow run and DTW. I would stay West of DTW.

p.s. I know the harbour club gives a discount for NWA/Airlink employees.

Good Luck

Any one know where I can get a list of crash pads in the DTW area. I need one within the week.

Mike Oxlong said:
Ohio...it's not that far. And it's much better than Michigan Taxes.

Yeah...but you'll pay it back twice in speeding tickets from those Nazi cops you have there...stay away from the paranoid state!

Ypsi.. Ann Arbor

Ypsi seems to be getting their act together. Some bars and cafe's.. Only a few "bad" areas. Some great bargains on old homes.

Ann Arbor is a great town. Lots going on. Property $$ is out of control though. Not much under $200,000 if your looking to buy. That is even for a 1000 ft2 ranch. Very walkable/bikable city. ~25 minutes drive to metro.

Ypsitucky....lots of flannel

Canton's kick@ss... 10 minutes from Metro and prices are very reasonable... Tons of apartments up this direction.

Ohio...it's not that far. And it's much better than Michigan Taxes.

yea....you save a few hundred bucks...pay about a bunch more in gas for comutting. On top of that, you actually would have to live in ohio....yawn

Latest resources

Back