• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to live in DTW?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just make sure you don't go East of 8 Mile...........fo' real!

There should be a crap ton of appartment/condos in Livonia township as well (It's largely a bedroom community,) also look at Plymouth Township for apartments. I'de agree with most of what everyone else said about where to live. If you want to live a bit more in the "country" SW of DTW is for you.

Workin'Stiff said:
Curious how you go "east of 8 Mile" when 8 Mile runs east-west???

Yeah! Don't go south of 8 Mile.

Don't go back to Rockville.

And Stay out of Woolworth's!

Curious how you go "east of 8 Mile" when 8 Mile runs east-west???

Don't go too far east of telegraph. on 8Mile(or any other roads for that matter). It gets kinda ghetto in a hurry.

IF you want a country redneck feel check out Taylor, MI.

walshsfly said:
Any one know where I can get a list of crash pads in the DTW area. I need one within the week.

Try the Day's Inn at Metro Airport on Middlebelt road.......$31.00 per day.....with food/beer in hotel rest.........

Check out Fairway Veiw apts on I-275 and Michigan Ave. My company put me up there for a few months. Nice place, not too expensive, and the biggest bonus- Free Golf!!

Quote: We're all here because we're not all there.

I used to live in Ypsi. Anywhere near Eastern Michigan University is a decent area. I live in Portsmouth Apartments in Novi now. Much nicer, but a little more pricey area. Its about a 20-30 minute drive to Metro, depending on the time of day.

CAnton is an exploding community and it is right by a freeway I275 that can get you to metro in 10-15 minutes. I lived there for 15 years. Good place

Latest resources

Back