• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to live in ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haha that's pretty funny. I fly for Airnet, and we are out of Hartsfield. The general idea I have gotten so far (without factoring in driving distance) is that from downtown north to the perimiter is good, and south to the airport is "less good". Anyways, I am just excited to come down and look around for the right place. Hope to see you all there!

Foxcow said:
I'm from Decatur. It is a nice place to live and it takes no time to get to ATL. There are a lot of good places in Dekalb county. I would avoid Fulton and Cobb counties.

Certainly everyone has their opinion and reasons, but I'm curious why you would recommend Dekalb county and recommend to avoid Cobb and Fulton. I've been here awhile and given the three counties you mentioned, I would recommend the exact opposite.

But, it would probably be more usable to speak in terms of community areas instead of counties. For example, The Sandy Springs area is centered in Fulton but spreads into Dekalb and even somewhat into Cobb (by some opinions), Dunwoody is in Dekalb but covers some of Fulton, Vinings is on the Cobb side of the Cobb-Fulton border but covers about the same in each county.

To the original post, I think you replied you will be with Airnet out of Hartsfield. If you will be looking for Apartments to start, a lot of companies have properties in a variety of areas. I would recommend Post or Amli to name a couple. Post used to give me "airline" discounts at the Vinings area properties.

Of course, if anyone has an attic they want to rent me, that would be sweet for a few months! I can cook, clean, walk the dog...

Thanks for the continuing info.

Latest resources

Back