Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FastestPA31Ever

Meat Jerkin' Beef Boys
I will be based in Atlanta beginning in January, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any cool places to live. I would like to be close to downtown, in a place that is unique (loft, older house, Michael Vick's guest suite). If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it!

Im from stone mountain so i'll chime in. If you want to live close to downtown its going to cost you. Buckhead has decent areas but its really expensive. Also check out the virginia highlands and places in the emory and decatur area's. Atlanta's a pretty big place so youll have lots to choose from.

Vinings is a bit less pricey than Buckhead. Easy commute to the airport and close to downtown.

Virginia Highlands. No traffic to worry about going to the airport. Traffic near Buckhood is out of control during peak traffic times. VH has a lot of great bars and Restaurants in the neighborhood. If your thinking about buying a loft or condo get prepared to shell out a lot of $$$. You can find nice one bedroom lofts or condo's for around $140-210K just look around. Also a lot of people rent out also. hope this helps.

I've lived and flown out of Atlanta for 10 years. IMHO, Vinings is the best area to live (and play!). Are you going to be based out of KATL, or one of the other airports (KFTY, KPDK, KRYY, etc.)

Wow, didn't realize so many were from Atlanta here. Cool...
Anyways... which airport from atl are you based out of? If you open a VFR map there seem to be tons of airports within Atlanta approach's airspace alone. Even while shooting touch and go's at PDK, there are airports on every side of the airport that i can see. Albeit you probably cannot land at certain ones. But there are a lot.

If you are working for a major airline that is basing you at hartsfield you may want to try south of town. I dont mean just south of town because that part is sort of run down. I mean down past hartsfield and even further south. I have seen some new homes for sale there and some of them are really nice. A tad bit cheaper than the north side and no traffic coming up that way to go to work. Well... less traffic. lol Atl has traffic everywhere during rush hour.

I'm from Decatur. It is a nice place to live and it takes no time to get to ATL. There are a lot of good places in Dekalb county. I would avoid Fulton and Cobb counties.

Foxcow said:
I'm from Decatur. It is a nice place to live and it takes no time to get to ATL. There are a lot of good places in Dekalb county. I would avoid Fulton and Cobb counties.

Hmm... strange... i've heard to stay away from dekalb. hahaha

jkjk

Latest resources

Back