• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to live in ATL area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thiscoming from someone who lives with his parents!

It's this simple: North, traffic jams. High prices. South, no traffic, prices affordable.

No, I don't live with my parents. I live between Smyrna and Vinings and I haven't once had to deal with bad traffic driving 285 South to the airport. I sure am glad you know everything. It sucks when the ones you usually find yourself agreeing with on most issues come out of nowhere and piss on you.

No, I don't live with my parents. I live between Smyrna and Vinings and I haven't once had to deal with bad traffic driving 285 South to the airport. I sure am glad you know everything. It sucks when the ones you usually find yourself agreeing with on most issues come out of nowhere and piss on you.

Easy Jim! I was just jerking your chain!

I did find it funny how you suddenly appointed yourself the expert on Atlanta living by throwing such a blanket statement like "North good, South bad". A lot of people live south and enjoy it just fine. I didn't known we needed to check with you first

I concede. Oh and seriously though don't call me Jim. I had a girlfriend that always called me Jim. I emphasize the word "had."

I would recommend College Park or East Point! Absolutely the best! You can leave your doors unlocked and you don't need to spend the money on an alarm system. You will always feel safe. You and your family can shop at Main Street Grocery and fine nothing but high quality foods and friendly employees. Just make sure you have spare change before and after leaving the store because someone will always "want to ask you a question". You and your wife can get liquored up at The Brake Pad; 2.00 pitchers of Schlitz on trivia night. Yum. You also have immediate access to Spondivit's, Malones, Giovannas and Subway in case you aren't in the mood to cook and want to treat the family to a nice dinner. Airport noise is minimal.

I would recommend College Park or East Point! Absolutely the best! You can leave your doors unlocked and you don't need to spend the money on an alarm system. You will always feel safe. You and your family can shop at Main Street Grocery and fine nothing but high quality foods and friendly employees. Just make sure you have spare change before and after leaving the store because someone will always "want to ask you a question". You and your wife can get liquored up at The Brake Pad; 2.00 pitchers of Schlitz on trivia night. Yum. You also have immediate access to Spondivit's, Malones, Giovannas and Subway in case you aren't in the mood to cook and want to treat the family to a nice dinner. Airport noise is minimal.

I agree with him.

I've lived OTP and ITP and have concluded that being OTP is definitely not living in Atlanta. You must be in town to really experience the city.

Newnan is great as far as lower crime, very reasonable taxes and cost of living. But it is the definition of "suburbia." It has a quaint downtown with a few clubs, cafes, and restaurants. Within a 10 minute bike ride from my ITP house there is 10 times that to chose from. Newnan/Coweta is great for raising a family no doubt. Some families in town might say they feel their kids are exposed to quite a diverse variety of perspectives and opportunities they might not see elsewhere. Also, from my ITP home I'm usually in the parking lot in 14 minutes.

As far a ATL haters, not sure how they come up with the blanket conclusion that the city is so totally undesirable. I suppose there are those who feel the same way about New York, Chicago, Boston, LA, San Francisco, Seattle etc.

In any event, best of luck! There really are many great options to chose from.

Try the five points area near Peachtree and Marietta. Woodruff park is right out front where you can play a game of chess and do some panhandling. And for a meal you can go to the YMCA down the street. Very convenient on FO pay.

If I had to live in a city it'd be Boston or Chicago. The city I live closest to is CLT and it's just ATL jr.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back