• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where to live in ATL area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Nice place to live" and the "Atlanta area" is a dichotomy.

Um, no. That is simply not true. Would I live in East Point or College park, or in the City? No. But there are "those areas"' in any city. There are MANY very nice areas in Atlanta to live. There are many communities in all areas with nice living area, with nice and affordable homes. There are many great nearby areas to visit. Nice towns, Mountain areas for hiking/cabins/biking/rafting, etc. There are historic areas, museums, etc.

All in all, Atlanta is a very nice place to live. Stay out of the bad areas and you will be fine. Every city has them, even the small cities. Heck, even vacation resort towns have crappy areas right nearby. Wherever you live, I'm sure I could drive around and find some eyesores and unsavory areas.

It's funny. The people that really think ATL is a dump don't even live in ATL! If you OTP fear mongers would go into the CITY and actually live your life. Check out some local restaurants and maybe, just maybe get a little culture, you wouldn't think ATL was so bad.

My choice? Virginia Highlands. Go there, check it out, and don't listen to these schmucks!

It's funny. The people that really think ATL is a dump don't even live in ATL! If you OTP fear mongers would go into the CITY and actually live your life. Check out some local restaurants and maybe, just maybe get a little culture, you wouldn't think ATL was so bad.

My choice? Virginia Highlands. Go there, check it out, and don't listen to these schmucks!

Did it, and left.

Thiscoming from someone who lives with his parents!

It's this simple: North, traffic jams. High prices. South, no traffic, prices affordable.

Where in atl is there no traffic? ATL rivals just about any city when it comes to bad traffic.

Anywhere in Forsyth County (northside) Great schools, great parks, low taxes, within minutes of Lake Lanier and the North Ga Mtns. No shortage of shopping or restaurants. I live in Cumming, 50 min from driveway to parking lot. Ga 400 is nowhere near the nightmare it was before the added lanes years ago. Good luck.

http://www.forsythco.com/

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back