Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Juvat

Used Register
I just bought a new Cessna 172SP...I'm picking it up from the factory next month. My only regret is that I didn't choose to have an HSI installed in place of the DG. Now I want to get one.

Question: can anyone please tell me where I can find an inexpensive after-market vendor to sell/install an HSI? I tried checking around my local area, and the prices were truly outrageous.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

There is no such thing an inexpensive HSI.

Try www.avionix.com for best prices, but hang on to your shorts when they quote install.
For my plane, install was quoted at $5K, or 50% more than the instrument.

Thanks

Hey, User997: that's a great find. Thanks for passing it along!

Tomilson avionics is Pine Bluff, AR can do the work. Ask for Jerry. They also have places in TX and FL (i think). Call them and ask for a price on it. 1 800 515 3280. They are great they worked on a fleet of 13 172SP's and R's.

Propsfullfwd said:
Tomilson avionics is Pine Bluff, AR can do the work. Ask for Jerry. They also have places in TX and FL (i think). Call them and ask for a price on it. 1 800 515 3280. They are great they worked on a fleet of 13 172SP's and R's.
I'll give him a call tomorrow morning. Thanks for the lead!

Not to hijack your thread, but one of our customers is L3 (www.l3com.com). They are located around the corner from us, and I was talking to one of their folks yesterday. I asked if they make an HSI, and they don't but they do make 'smartdeck'. It's in the news releases. big deal. well, it turns out BIG DEAL!!! they have, or are, shipping prototypes to Cirrus. They have an order for 400 panels from Cirrus. can you say goodbye, Avidyne??

I know this messsage is too late because you already bought the 172. Very shortly, the new 172's will be coming off the line with the Garmin G1000.

flyifrvfr said:
I know this messsage is too late because you already bought the 172. Very shortly, the new 172's will be coming off the line with the Garmin G1000.
Thanks, I was aware of that too. I live in Arizona where it's 99% flying in VMC. I wouldn't get much value added from the glass cockpit. It sure is a nice toy though! Maybe I'll get one in the future...

Latest resources

Back