• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where the Real Blame Lies...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How stupid are you? Since when will the FAA ever cave in to what the NTSB says, when it involves money $$$????????? Sorry, but the ATA and RAA will ensure, through powerful $ lobbying, that the FAA maintain status quo on how things are right now. Expect changes in stall profiles (to probably include all the way to pusher). But do NOT expect changes in long duty days, reduced rest, and fatiguing schedules.

Flyer, he's absolutely right. I just posted this very thing on another thread before I read this one. If the gov't wants highly qualified experienced pilots, they're going to have to set an airline pilot minimum wage. Otherwise, all the experienced talent will continue to go to the middle east, asia, etc...

No, that was pretty much all Molin and rudder smashing to full deflection, left and right, 5 or 6 times before finally snapping.

What pilot would ever do that under any imaginable circumstances?

Flyer, he's absolutely right. I just posted this very thing on another thread before I read this one. If the gov't wants highly qualified experienced pilots, they're going to have to set an airline pilot minimum wage. Otherwise, all the experienced talent will continue to go to the middle east, asia, etc...

They'll have to re-regulate the industry for that. I don't see it happening.

I think this is all Bush's fault. Because 90% of FI think it is not the pilots fault.

Generation Y at work (no reverse pun intended).

What pilot would ever do that under any imaginable circumstances?

What pilot wouldn't manage airspeed? What pilot would wait on the thrust reversers? What pilot would run out of fuel? What pilot would fly tired? What pilot would fly in to a convective storm? What pilot would take off without a clearance? What pilot would take off without verifying which runway he was on? Pilot error happens at every experience level. That's why the bashing is senseless and building up someone like Sully is counter productive as well.

The heros are the ones you don't see in the news that prevent accidents by avoiding them all together. I've seen regional pilots who rival any major airline pilot and I've seen pilots for the majors who shouldn't be flying anything at all. This type of class warfare isn't going to work. (Well, it might get you a book deal)

Clouds are scary!

Sheeeeeeit. I see clouds coming, turn down my ipod and i'm all like, "what's up cloud full of severe icing beeotch?", and the cloud's like "nothing sir", and i'm like, "that's right beeotch, go make me a chicken pot pie".

Just having hours should not qualify as the only experience needed. It's obvious this was caused by a myriad of factors. My Father was an Air Firce Pilot and 30 year Airline Pilot and Captain who flew he 767 in europe for 7 years. Some of his co Piliots had only 1000 hours in a plane and were flying international! However,because of the excellent training they received he viewed them as very competent during even some stressful situations.

Until the pay structure changes, it is what it is. Once a Pilot is hired, however, multiple failed checkrides is certainly a major red flag. The general avaition fails can happen to anybody but once you are in a structured training platform in 121,I know certainly i would consider changing professions after a certain number of failures.

I think this is all Bush's fault. Because 90% of FI think it is not the pilots fault.

Generation Y at work (no reverse pun intended).

Everybody here (regardless of their age or the hours in their logbook) knows its the two people in the pointy end's responsibility to fly the f'in airplane and ensure safety of flight...and this crew failed doing just that.

That does not mean, however, that we as an industry and the public as a whole shouldn't examine the underlying problems with the regional airline work culture that disciplines pilots who follow the FARs and call sick when aeromedically deficient, or why highly experienced regional airline pilots leave chasing higher salaries at major airlines.

Cause: pilot error. Contributing factors: a mile long.

Latest resources

Back