• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where should I get my CFI certificate?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sheble's advertises 8 days, and they have the examiner on staff.
Can anyone recommend anyone else that does a fast course with an examiner on staff? Especially in the Houston, Dallas or Washington DC area?

Wow...I got mine from a Crackerjack box!!!!!

xkuzme1 said:
Airman Flight School

Oklahoma City (Norman actually)

Good School, Good Program. Very Cost effective. Two weeks and CFI/II. I went about 5 years ago, and it was $5000

I got mine there a few years ago.

This post is actually quite funny. (since they're not in business anymore - although W.D. I heard still does some instructing on the side).

wrxpilot said:
Do they do a pretty good job of making you a competent instructor, or does it just get you through the ride? I've heard that's a good place too, but I want more than just the rating.

I heard American Flyers was good for making you a knowledgeable, confident instructor. But I haven't been overly impressed with the professionalism so far in my dealings with them. Not saying that necessarily makes them bad, but I get nervous when places send me info containing bad grammar, etc. Also seems like there is A LOT more costs that they don't include in their $3995 price (written fees, examiner, materials, etc.).

As a former student and instuctor from Shebles ...they will teach you how to pass the check ride with the LAS FSDO. On my CFI ride. the C-172RG N5268U had a full electrical failure during the flight portion.....got a discon..went back and passed.............went from PPL to CFI/CFII/MEI in about 50 days cost me 6800 for CFI-II-MEI..... A word of advice your first 10 students will make you a good instructor not a flight school.

taters said:
As a former student and instuctor from Shebles ...they will teach you how to pass the check ride with the LAS FSDO. On my CFI ride. the C-172RG N5268U had a full electrical failure during the flight portion.....got a discon..went back and passed.............went from PPL to CFI/CFII/MEI in about 50 days cost me 6800 for CFI-II-MEI..... A word of advice your first 10 students will make you a good instructor not a flight school.

Thanks! I'm strongly considering these guys for my CFI/CFII this spring, so I appreciate the info.

They will train you to pass the checkride.....being a good instructor will come with experience later on.

They will train you to pass the checkride.....being a good instructor will come with experience later on.

A very true statement indeed. There is a world of difference between an advanced CFI who is PRETENDING to not have a clue, and a student pilot who ACTUALLY IS clueless. The only place where you will learn how to cope with this is in that right seat.

Latest resources

Back