• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where is the ASA MEC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He sent the email from their MEC to me and if you read it you would understand what I mean. It has information to let the XE pilot group know what they are doing and negotiating for on their behalf. This gave me a warm and fuzzy for them but left me cold and lonely like an unwanted stepchild from my MEC.

Yep, just gave it a fast read and it pretty much summed up what I posted earlier ... working on it and will have more later.

Pt is this is a very important time that we need to have faith in and support our elected officials to represent us. Neither you nor I will be in the room to negotiate our contract nor how the combined seniority list will be worked out. All we can do is actually communicate w/ our elected officials any concerns we have and get the actual facts rather than simply rant on FI.

Let's see the MEC just listed a highlight of the deal. No pilot concessions. Are you kidding me???? I would expect that from management, but our union telling us that is a highlight??? Also, no mention of merging all the lists. That e-mail was a joke. They should have just said nothing. What they said sounded like it came from management. That e-mail just weakened our position. I am not wishing for some bloody mess out of this, but at least address the issues. Gee, I am so thankful that they didn't ask me to take a pay cut woo hoo!!!

Hey dudes and dudettes- our airline just paid out 133 million bucks, and the best news is:

You Won't Get a Pay Cut!

Signed,

The Palm

Relax guys, what is the rush. This will take some time to evolve. There is going to be A LOT to do for our two groups. Welcome XJT guys. Cant wait to share a cockpit with YALL!!

My gosh!!!

How will I ever sleep without a letter from the MEC?

Thank gosh Obama is there to take care of everything!!

Lord knows I shouldn't have to use my cell minutes to actually call a rep and ask some questions.

Why can't the MEC be like FOX News (Glen Beck Akbar!!) and just feed me a steady stream of pooh, so I don't have to think for myself?

Or maybe they could have a guy like Chirs Mathews (cue up Pomp and Circumstance followed by a gagging sound) to tell me how great things are now!!!

This was just sprung on the MEC last night. I'm sure they are a just a tad busy with the events of today. Some on here told you that any official message wouldn't tell you anything you don't already know. You said you didn't care, because you need some warm and fuzzy message from the MEC. They put out the warm and fuzzy message and you still aren't happy.

I believe your village just called....they are looking for you.....
BS. Joe this was not sprung on the mec last night, they were informed well over a week ago. That is a fact. Why are you making excuses for them? I fully support a union on the property, just one that works for us 100% all of the time not one that thinks whats best for the company is best for us.

My gosh!!!

How will I ever sleep without a letter from the MEC?

Thank gosh Obama is there to take care of everything!!

Lord knows I shouldn't have to use my cell minutes to actually call a rep and ask some questions.

Why can't the MEC be like FOX News (Glen Beck Akbar!!) and just feed me a steady stream of pooh, so I don't have to think for myself?

Or maybe they could have a guy like Chirs Mathews (cue up Pomp and Circumstance followed by a gagging sound) to tell me how great things are now!!!

You're right. This time of year, with the heat index up the way it is, you either have to schedule a tee time early in the morning or wayyyyyy later in the afternoon. A schedule that unpredictable leaves very little realistic time to update your coworkers on a once-in-a-decade bombshell you've known about for 2 weeks.

MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see the MEC just listed a highlight of the deal. No pilot concessions. Are you kidding me???? I would expect that from management, but our union telling us that is a highlight??? Also, no mention of merging all the lists. That e-mail was a joke. They should have just said nothing. What they said sounded like it came from management. That e-mail just weakened our position. I am not wishing for some bloody mess out of this, but at least address the issues. Gee, I am so thankful that they didn't ask me to take a pay cut woo hoo!!!

*sent from the blackberry of Davi(_) Newinehuiwatywpmnhwq*

Yo Scott,

Hey buddy! Send me those highlights of that deal thingie you guys mentioned the other day and I'll forward them to the other dudes. Laterz.

been keeping my elbow in and I'm slicing less. thanks again. ttyl
xxoo

-Newie

ps. Wife swap thing still on for next tuezday?

Last edited:
Just b/c they knew about a possible deal doesn't mean they need to prep an imaginary letter just in case it does possibly happen. How many other deals have we known about that fell through.

*sent from the blackberry of Davi(_) Newinehuiwatywpmnhwq*

Yo Scott,

Hey buddy! Send me those highlights of that deal thingie you guys mentioned the other day and I'll forward them to the other dudes. Laterz.

been keeping my elbow in and I'm slicing less. thanks again. ttyl
xxoo

-Newie

ps. Wife swap thing still on for next tuezday?
Dat wuz sum funnie shizzle...... bouyyyyyyyyy......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back