• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where is the ASA MEC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly what more can they tell you right now that you haven't already seen on ourASA?

Their public appearance isn't about actually conveying information. It is about creating the illusion that they are informed, involved, and concerned with the folks that pay their wages: the membership.

Why bother having a Union at all if we should just wait for The Company to tell us what is being served up?

[snip]
...the XE MEC has already released a statement to them about this....
[snip]
The XJ MEC allegedly felt a public statement to the membership worth the effort. The ASa MEC apparently felt no such compulsion.

Until the reg process and merger process gets rolling they can't tell you a whole lot.
So just to make sure I understand your reasoning: you feel no need to get any information from any source other than the final word from a single authority, and that information only after everything has been settled? You have no desire to know that the people you give nearly 2% of your paycheck to are actually aware of the situation, and working towards the most equitable and mutually beneficial solution? You would rather just get an email through The Company telling you how things shook out?
If so, please send me your wallet. I want to go to Vegas. I will let you know how things worked out.

Exactly what more can they tell you right now that you haven't already seen on ourASA? Until the reg process and merger process gets rolling they can't tell you a whole lot.

Yet, if it makes you feel better here it goes:

As you may have heard EV and XE are in ther merger process. We will have more information for you about the contract/seniority list integration process soon.
He sent the email from their MEC to me and if you read it you would understand what I mean. It has information to let the XE pilot group know what they are doing and negotiating for on their behalf. This gave me a warm and fuzzy for them but left me cold and lonely like an unwanted stepchild from my MEC.

The day isn't even over yet. I know that the MEC is consumed with this and most likely has been since they found out, whenever that was. If they found out more than a day or so ago, they should have had a statement prepared, vetted, and ready to go out. If they just found out last night or this morning I will give them the benefit of the doubt since they most likely spent the day wrapping their heads around it.

Keep in mind that anything involving mergers is highly political and viewed by many parties other than just ASA pilots. I would rather see them take the time to craft a well-written statement that paints our pilot group in a good light rather than throw something out there that makes us look like a bunch of fools.

Typically the ASA MEC emails come out in the evening. So I hope we'll hear something soon, but if we don't hear anything today I will be disappointed.

Anything would be nice, and is expected! If they don't, that is really not going to sit well with this pilot group. There is already a huge lack of confidence in our MEC.

The day isn't even over yet. I know that the MEC is consumed with this and most likely has been since they found out, whenever that was. If they found out more than a day or so ago, they should have had a statement prepared, vetted, and ready to go out. If they just found out last night or this morning I will give them the benefit of the doubt since they most likely spent the day wrapping their heads around it.

Keep in mind that anything involving mergers is highly political and viewed by many parties other than just ASA pilots. I would rather see them take the time to craft a well-written statement that paints our pilot group in a good light rather than throw something out there that makes us look like a bunch of fools.

Typically the ASA MEC emails come out in the evening. So I hope we'll hear something soon, but if we don't hear anything today I will be disappointed.
They were briefed at least a week ago by the company. Not enough time?

They were briefed at least a week ago by the company. Not enough time?

Depends. Planning a trip to be briefed and prepare a statement could be a lengthy process. If all the rooms in Vegas are booked, you gotta check out Charleston, Key West, or Savannah. If those are unavailable, then you could spend hours researching an awesome enough vacation destination with a golf course....strike that....I mean a venue with adequate facilities in which to ponder the intricacies of this situation.

You guys need to relax.

"...a little rebellion now and then is a good thing..."

Last edited:
Depends. Planning a trip to be briefed and prepare a statement could be a lengthy process. If all the rooms in Vegas are booked, you gotta check out Charleston, Key West, or Savannah. If those are unavailable, then you could spend hours researching an awesome enough vacation destination with a golf course....strike that....I mean a venue with adequate facilities in which to ponder the intricacies of this situation.
My bad, your right. What no ocean view, next.

Actually what most of them were busy doing is training P2P reps on the PBS system to be in the crew lounges on schedule.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back