• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where is the ASA MEC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The e-mail said one of the highlights, no concessions. Why state that? Also said 4300 strong or something to that effect, while not addressing the 2,800 Skywest guys at all. That e-mail should not have been sent. It did not accomplish anything. It was as if they already had spoken to management and agreed that we should not merge all the lists. So while everyone wants this to be a good merger, It does not seem from the start, that the MEC's are on the same page. Had they even said we are looking at the language etc. Or, dont bring it up at all, the concessions or the 4300 strong. Once again, not here to say these guys are terrible and they are golfing and all they care about are dues. That stuff doesn't accomplish anything. I am saying that I don't see how the biggest issue where the pilot groups are concerned isn't addressed immediately!!

The e-mail said one of the highlights, no concessions. Why state that? Also said 4300 strong or something to that effect, while not addressing the 2,800 Skywest guys at all. That e-mail should not have been sent. It did not accomplish anything. It was as if they already had spoken to management and agreed that we should not merge all the lists. So while everyone wants this to be a good merger, It does not seem from the start, that the MEC's are on the same page. Had they even said we are looking at the language etc. Or, dont bring it up at all, the concessions or the 4300 strong. Once again, not here to say these guys are terrible and they are golfing and all they care about are dues. That stuff doesn't accomplish anything. I am saying that I don't see how the biggest issue where the pilot groups are concerned isn't addressed immediately!!

1. The email had to say something to keep everyone from saying they didn't say anything....Everything of substance at the time has already been said.

2. The "no concessions" was only telling you what management already said.

3. I want Skywest on the same list also, but you don't understand ALPA politics. We should have pushed for it during contract negotiations, but ALPA was afraid because it would result in a new representational vote. That may result in ALPA getting voted off the property. I'm fine with that, but ALPA doesn't want that.

This MEC does have our best interests in mind...Give them some time....

I am not saying the MEC does not have our best interests in mind!! I am saying that e-mail was a bad way to start this thing. They don't have to say it just because management said it.

I am not saying the MEC does not have our best interests in mind!! I am saying that e-mail was a bad way to start this thing. They don't have to say it just because management said it.

What exactly did you want to hear? I really didn't care to hear anything that I didn't already know...That memo came from ALPA national for the most part anyway...Blame their communication department if you are looking for a boogy man...

Dude-

Get back to me when you have more time in an airplane than my newest jacket. My perspective may not be positive or fun, but I have been around long enough to see through the fog of B.S. we are being sold. I see the same tricks, I know where this stuff can lead. You simply do not. This ain't my first rodeo.

With the substance of your arguments and lopped views, I'd say all that extra flight time you sport was at high altitude without O-2. Remember this- practice makes permenance, not perfection. I hope you fly better than you reason, or we're all in danger of unemployment.

With the substance of your arguments and lopped views, I'd say all that extra flight time you sport was at high altitude without O-2. Remember this- practice makes permenance, not perfection. I hope you fly better than you reason, or we're all in danger of unemployment.

Could you please check with your mommy and assure the rest of us that you are not learning-disabled...... This post really gives me pause.

-I am not supposed to smack the special kids around-I understand it is not nice.

Could this psychodrivel possibly be what you are getting at? Still makes no sense, but at least I understand the silly logic you are attempting to use....

http://ezinearticles.com/?Practice-Makes-Permanent-Not-Perfect&id=2649261

Last edited:
It's pretty sad when JoeMerchant is the voice of reason on a thread about union issues. Some of you guys really need to relax and trust your MEC. They know what they're doing.

For quite a few people, Joe is like having Bernie Maddoff on your side. It's not my opinion, but I see where their grief is. If he really wants this thing to work, perhaps he should clam up.

I'm amazed his few pro-PBS posts didn't torpedo the thing.:laugh:

There have been plenty of reasonable voices and some unreasonable voices. The ones that drive me nuts are the ones that are almost sorry for making a good living for being a pilot. This is an opportunity for pilots to start taking back some of the things we have been getting taken away from us the past 10 years. Our union leadership needs to be firm and reasonable and certainly on the same page with the other 2 groups. If the union knows something we don't, fine. Perception is reality though, and they should not put things out that people would perceive the wrong way!! The start to one group has to begin with one message!!

There have been plenty of reasonable voices and some unreasonable voices. The ones that drive me nuts are the ones that are almost sorry for making a good living for being a pilot. This is an opportunity for pilots to start taking back some of the things we have been getting taken away from us the past 10 years. Our union leadership needs to be firm and reasonable and certainly on the same page with the other 2 groups. If the union knows something we don't, fine. Perception is reality though, and they should not put things out that people would perceive the wrong way!! The start to one group has to begin with one message!!

Please try to remind yorself that you are 1 pilot at Atlantic southeast, you are speaking as if your opinion is shared by all regarding the MEC email.

No matter what the MEC does, some group of people are going to dislike anything they do or say.

Regarding "taking back", well you can join the club of "head in the sand", or you can reason that 10 yrs ago and more, the airline market was very different and it is still changing. Airlines are trying to find anyway possible to make a profit. Much of Skywest Inc.'s profit and money in the bank came from a business model that has changed significantly, and the profits that Inc. has posted shows that change. Thank goodness they have managed their money in a conservitive way.

Now, I'm not about to agree to ANY concessions, nor do I believe the status quo at Atlantic Southeast is acceptable. But, reasonable minds should prevail in the next CBA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back