• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where is the ASA MEC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is everyone so worked up over this? Honestly, in a process that will take WELL OVER A YEAR, many of you want a total answer to the seniority integration RIGHT NOW. Since many (CRJ567) lack blood flow to the brain, I shall point something out for the meek, weak, and meager......

Following legislative ammendments to merger policy and aquisition laws, it is the stance of both government (NMB) and unions (ALPA) that no one group benefit at the cost of another. This doesn't mean DOH or a straight up ratio, but what it does mean is that a large laundry list of factors and circumstances will be used to determine where you will ultimately end up on the list. One of the notes is that you cannot be displaced from Captain to co-pilot as a result of the integration. Career expectations (fleet type) is also a consideration.

This is going to take a while. I'm interested in doing this "right", not "right now". If you are too stupid to sort it out on your own, and need a note from the MEC to point out that they are working for you and YOUR intrests, then may God have mercy on your soul.............

CRJ- you are a chronic bitcher, with absolutely no points of coherant debate. If it isn't whining (like a little girl) you have nothing to contribute. Good god man, you can't even sort out your signature line- how am I supposed to value what you say.........I find it absolutely impossible to dumb myself down enough. If FI had an award for ignorance and scatter, you'd get it............

In regard to my XJ Bretheren- welcome aboard. I look foward to working along side of you through this, and extend a firm hand in honor, respect, and good will.

Very well said...The majority agree with you.

I am not complaining about the job our MEC has done or is doing. I am complaining about the e-mail sent out yesterday. To highlight the fact that there were no concessions seems counter productive to me. Why would they even bring that up? I know that things will take a while to unfold, but the issue of two groups or three merging needs to be addressed asap!! How open is the XJ group going to be to good faith negotiations if the company that just bought them is trying to circumvent their scope from the beginning? Don't have any idea how it will play out. Lots to discuss but that e-mail did not in any way set a good tone!!!

No Concessions? Why would there be. Sounds more like it was written by management then sent to alpa in a joint statement.

Yup! I thought it was arrogant and condescending as hell to make a point of the no concessions thing. Sounds like the talking points were right from ol' Skippy himself.

Why is everyone so worked up over this? Honestly, in a process that will take WELL OVER A YEAR, many of you want a total answer to the seniority integration RIGHT NOW. Since many (CRJ567) lack blood flow to the brain, I shall point something out for the meek, weak, and meager......

CRJ- you are a chronic bitcher, with absolutely no points of coherant debate. If it isn't whining (like a little girl) you have nothing to contribute. Good god man, you can't even sort out your signature line- how am I supposed to value what you say? I find it absolutely impossible to dumb myself down enough. If FI had an award for ignorance and scatter, you'd get it............

In regard to my XJ Bretheren- welcome aboard. I look foward to working along side of you through this, and extend a firm hand in honor, respect, and good will.
Exactly!
Oh, Yeaaah!! A full year of revelations from ASa's finest :bawling: on FI.
I can't wait to read 20 more pages of this. :eek: pfff, not.

Anyway, welcome aboard XJT! :beer:

1. The XJT MEC has possible scope issues with it and they are one the ones getting bought...There is much more concern amongst their pilot group.

2. I would rather have my MEC working on this issue the day it is announced rather than taking time to stop everything and draft a letter for you to feel better.

3. These letters are drafted usually drafted by ALPA national communications, then sent thru ALPA legal for final blessing and finally an electronically stored signature is put on it....Sorry to burst you bubble....

Gosh-you are smart.

Where did XJET find that time machine which allowed them to cut 10 hours off the process?

The point was the company was not asking for concessions. It wasn't the union making some happy statement, it was a statement of fact. We didn't have to modify scope or give anything to get the deal done. That is all. Please read, think, then post.

Now when we go for a joint contract, we shall see.

Following legislative ammendments to merger policy and aquisition laws, it is the stance of both government (NMB) and unions (ALPA) that no one group benefit at the cost of another. This doesn't mean DOH or a straight up ratio, but what it does mean is that a large laundry list of factors and circumstances will be used to determine where you will ultimately end up on the list. One of the notes is that you cannot be displaced from Captain to co-pilot as a result of the integration. Career expectations (fleet type) is also a consideration.

This is going to take a while. I'm interested in doing this "right", not "right now". If you are too stupid to sort it out on your own, and need a note from the MEC to point out that they are working for you and YOUR intrests, then may God have mercy on your soul.............

CRJ- you are a chronic bitcher, with absolutely no points of coherant debate. If it isn't whining (like a little girl) you have nothing to contribute. Good god man, you can't even sort out your signature line- how am I supposed to value what you say? I find it absolutely impossible to dumb myself down enough. If FI had an award for ignorance and scatter, you'd get it............

Dude-

Get back to me when you have more time in an airplane than my newest jacket. My perspective may not be positive or fun, but I have been around long enough to see through the fog of B.S. we are being sold. I see the same tricks, I know where this stuff can lead. You simply do not. This ain't my first rodeo.

Gosh-you are smart.

Where did XJET find that time machine which allowed them to cut 10 hours off the process?

Means our MEC was dealing with real issues rather than dropping everything to put out a memo that tells us nothing we don't already know...Tell me what the XJT memo told us that we didn't already know....

Dude-

Get back to me when you have more time in an airplane than my newest jacket. My perspective may not be positive or fun, but I have been around long enough to see through the fog of B.S. we are being sold. I see the same tricks, I know where this stuff can lead. You simply do not. This ain't my first rodeo.

"Dude"...how old are you? I bet I have way more time here than you, and I like the way our MEC is dealing with this. You didn't even believe this transaction was possible....you were wrong. You also didn't believe ASA would really move towards their new goal of 500 airplanes and 50 states. In fact, here is what you said:

crj567 said:
I don't care if it is 500 planes by 25,000. It ain't gonna happen. Anyone who believes it is even in the far reaches of the realm of possibility is a retard.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong while pontificating about how this isn't "your first rodeo"....Seriously "dude"...leave this to the adults...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back