where is njaowner?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wifey,

I have no dog in this fight but it is absolutely embarrassing for any wife to come on this board advocating the "tipping" issue, get real. . . You are coming off as a person that is "weak", "needy", and "selfish". Have you ever contemplated how much money these owners are paying to sit in the back of the aircraft?. Have you even thought a long the lines of common sense and how disrespectful it sounds to any pilot to even make a notion of how some owner that pays your hubby's salary should tip a pilot?. This has got to be one of the most outrageous series of posts that I have come across to date on this message board and you can be assured that I have seen plenty of them.

As a former 135 captain myself I would find it somewhat embarrassing for the lead pax to even want to tip myself and the other pilot. I always felt as it was a slap in the face on more occasions than one. The issue is with management NOT with pax who are paying top dollar to pay your husband's salary. Simple solution would be to vote the TA DOWN and pick the fight with management and make a statement.

I applaud NJowner for even contemplating going along with your silly notions, you truly need a reality check and have someone explain this industry to you.

unfukcin real

3 5 0

I agree 280%

It seems you missed the explanation, so I'll say it again. I asked the owner 3 questions--HE responded to the tipping one. I asked only his POSITION on it, and he took the conversation further, which prompted the discussion which followed. The FACTS are that some owners do WILLINGLY CHOOSE to tip, and many pilots appreciate the recoginition of their efforts. NJA pilots have a reputation for going above and beyond the call of duty, and that type of service often brings tips. My husband has received another generous tip since those posts. Yes, he had given extra attention to the px, but did not expect a tip. The owner WANTED to show appreciation and chose to do that by tipping. IT DOES HAPPEN! Perhaps it is more common at NJA because of the interaction and the fact that many of the pilots do go the extra mile for the px/owners.

I did do internet research to find out what the etiquette rule is to help answer the question of tipping pilots. I believe that the experts in that area are the ones to listen to. The rule is--do not tip the pilots UNLESS they have given extra service above flying the plane. Furthermore, it would be rude to spurn an offer made as a means of saying "thank you". Good manners, alone, would dictate a gracious acceptance. Anything less would be a "slap in the face" to the owner/px.

netjetwife said:
It seems you missed the explanation, so I'll say it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

Since I'm on the internet 28 hours a day, I did do internet research to find out what the etiquette rule is to help answer the question of tipping pilots. I believe that the experts in that area are the ones to listen to. I'm not a pilot, nor have I ever tipped anyone, at anytime in my dreadful life, but I will still explain the rules of tipping to you, and you WILL listen or I will ignore you. The rule is--do not tip the pilots UNLESS they have given extra service above flying the plane.

Furthermore, since I am really Miss Manners and have a newspaper column, it would be rude to spurn an offer made as a means of saying "thank you". Good manners, alone, would dictate a gracious acceptance. Anything less would be a "slap in the face" to the owner/px.

Speaking of "slap in the face", would someone please slap me in the face.
Need I say more?

Les Paul

Last edited:
netjetwife said:
It seems you missed the explanation, so I'll say it again. I asked the owner 3 questions--HE responded to the tipping one. I asked only his POSITION on it, and he took the conversation further, which prompted the discussion which followed. The FACTS are that some owners do WILLINGLY CHOOSE to tip, and many pilots appreciate the recoginition of their efforts. NJA pilots have a reputation for going above and beyond the call of duty, and that type of service often brings tips. My husband has received another generous tip since those posts. Yes, he had given extra attention to the px, but did not expect a tip. The owner WANTED to show appreciation and chose to do that by tipping. IT DOES HAPPEN! Perhaps it is more common at NJA because of the interaction and the fact that many of the pilots do go the extra mile for the px/owners.

I did do internet research to find out what the etiquette rule is to help answer the question of tipping pilots. I believe that the experts in that area are the ones to listen to. The rule is--do not tip the pilots UNLESS they have given extra service above flying the plane. Furthermore, it would be rude to spurn an offer made as a means of saying "thank you". Good manners, alone, would dictate a gracious acceptance. Anything less would be a "slap in the face" to the owner/px.
I didn't "miss" any explanation at all, in fact that is what sparked my attention when you started this whole mess with regards to "tipping", which in my opinion is classless to put it mildly.

NJA pilots have a reputation for going above and beyond the call of duty, and that type of service often brings tips.
Flight Ops pilots, CS pilots, FJ pilots, etc, they all have that same reputation "honey". The objective of any crew who is in their right frame of mind is to get the pax from point A to point B safely without dinging a piece of metal in the process. How does your husband go "above and beyond this call of duty" more so than the entire rest of the pilot group?. This notion is completely insane, this is what he is being PAID to do.

I feel for the entire pilot group there, I hope they turn this TA down, and get what they truly deserve since they are a great bunch of guys but you coming onto this thread and spouting off reminds me of the homeless poor folks in Mexico City and Tijuana who sit on the side of the road and give chickletts away and indirectly beg for a "tip" since they "deserve" it in their opinion.

I think you need to do some research with regards to how much these pax are paying for these flights, how much money have tied up monthly, yearly, etc. These are the folks that ensure that your husband will have a job.

A tip may be warranted in your opinion but surely this is something that should never ever be expected.

3 5 0

Tips

Ms. NetJetWife

When you (or your husband when he is airlining to/from home) get off a commercial flight how and how much do you tip the pilots? Since the cockpit doors are locked, do you wait at the gate until they de-plane? Please let me know the details.

P.S. My flight last week was cancelled so I have not had the opportunity to "tip" or try to tip a NJA pilot.

Fly safe.

The difference is the Airline pilot is already being paid a REAL WAGE. Tips are not necessary. The FA's are so senior that they are making more than 5 yr, PIC's.
No one wants owners to tip to make up for the pitiful pay. We want the real wages we earn everytime we haul your **S to be the the best in the biz.

NJA owners are not going to derive any perks from their financing of Netjets Europe. You are lining the pockets of BKH. You are not lowering your costs or increasing your the value of your shares. Your dollars are being used and the value of your aircraft will suffer on the resale market due to the policies of Netjets.

x402 said:
NJA owners are not going to derive any perks from their financing of Netjets Europe. You are lining the pockets of BKH. You are not lowering your costs or increasing your the value of your shares. Your dollars are being used and the value of your aircraft will suffer on the resale market due to the policies of Netjets.
As much as it amuses me when a pilot's wife tries to "educate" pilots how aviation works, it's not nearly as funny as when a pilot tries to "educate" a businessman how the business world works.

Last edited:
Yes, yack, a pilot that has a clue. I know it's just flame bait and I'm not above it; go f*** yourself.

Thanks

x402 said:
The difference is the Airline pilot is already being paid a REAL WAGE. Tips are not necessary. The FA's are so senior that they are making more than 5 yr, PIC's.
So Airline Pilots make a "REAL" wage huh? Is that your final answer or would you like to poll the audience? I believe your answer is....... WRONG!

I guess I'm crazy by even suggestng that you might want to check the average salaries of some of the Regional Airlines, then go back and compare them with average salaries at Netjets. Pilots at almost every Regional out there are laughing at your ridiculous uninformed baseless statement.

To verify my position, I called a friend of mine that has been at Netjets since 2002. As a FO, that is drawing Captain pay, he has a base salary around $47,000 a year. Please show me a Regional First Officer, that has been at their respective Regional airline since 2002, is drawing Captain pay, and has a base salary of $47,000.

And, please show me ANY Airline Flight attendant that has a salary base more than the base salary of a 5 year PIC at Netjets, which would be $61,000.

Finally, all these comparisons are for Netjets SMALL BIZJETS.... yet you want to compare apples to oranges with a Airline.

You are incredible uninformed!

Les Paul

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back