Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

where have all the airplanes actually gone????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well for what its worth there are a surprising amount of pilots in initial at FSI right now. I certainly would not have guessed it but there is at least 2 maybe 3 classes. Parking lots full so keep your fingers crossed for a quick turn on this crap.

Well for what its worth there are a surprising amount of pilots in initial at FSI right now. I certainly would not have guessed it but there is at least 2 maybe 3 classes. Parking lots full so keep your fingers crossed for a quick turn on this crap.

Finally a bit of good news, damn. Any compnies we might know about??

going for Falcon initial?

bit of light

There are some from EU and South America I think but there are several domestic US companies in initial classes. They are in my opinion very good companies and have respected flight departments. Again, I think (hope) that it is a good sign that people are still not only committed to aviation but still moving forward in their plans for the future.

(keeping fingers crossed)

Last week I called to book recurrent (for March) and the week I wanted was full. My second choice had only one opening.
I know times are bad, but not as bad as some want us to think. Check Flight Aware tracking for any airport and see that traffic may be off, but people are flying.

Things are the roughest for publicly traded companies flight departments. I believe the rest is taking a hit but they are not under so much pressure to get rid of their equipment.

Most of the business media is on your side. I hear a comment everyday about how stupid this fuss about corporate aircraft was and how its destroying the aviation industry.

I believe if aircraft are truly needed for these corporations they will return, possibly in the form of fractional ownership or charter agreements. there will be a shift in demand for more cost effective options.

Most of the business media is on your side. I hear a comment everyday about how stupid this fuss about corporate aircraft was and how its destroying the aviation industry.

Not sure if I agree about "the media being on our side". Those SOBs bash corporate flying every chance they get...

Nanci Pelosi flew to Europe last week, the F*N media went after her. They don't realise how many jobs corporate flying creates.

Huh? How's that? A vast majority of the media is not and has not been on the side of aviation. The media will look at any story that sells and right now it's about who has the machines in the hangers and where they go with them- not how they're used for the promotion of business needs.

As far as non publicly traded flight departments there may be some truth but probably not. In the end, it is about needing to cut or keep expenses to a minimum and usually aircraft, trips, and the staff are not a necessity in the company having a positive cash flow. Private or public its about the benjamins right now.

As far as these departments becoming other forms time will tell. Having hours with a charter company and/or a fractional provider is not cheap by any means.

No crystal ball

Latest resources

Back