Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

where have all the airplanes actually gone????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ruhroa

So for the last several months we have all been hearing the slaming of corp aviation doors, a/c for sale, crewmembers let go. so now we are back to the times of you must have time in type and be type rated to apply.

here is my question guys n gals.

i am not even seeing these kinds of postings for crew positions.
i know the charter market is flat also. If all these aircraft are for sale and people are laid off. are the aircraft sitting without crews? no contract work either so its not contract guys flying them? what has happened to all the airplanes and conversely all the jobs???????

this is the worst i have seen in over 10 years ... is there a time coming hopefully soon where companies and business are all of a sudden short of flight crews because the aircraft are still there

Hey! I know things are sucking right now and will probably get even worse before they get better. I have done a couple of test and acceptance flights for a company from Venezuela. They are buying up alot of the old Sabres and also looking st Citations they can get for a steal! They are not the only overseas group to be pillaging the corporate market.

I am not sure how this relates to your question, but with companies starving for cash they may well sell their jet to another country for less than market value and take the tax writeoff.

Things are bad but there are a lot of people/ companies just waiting till the botttom and thay have cash. I saw a Challenger 604 3500hrs tt for sale asking 11.5mm- when we called it had been sold and they had received multiple offers! Bargain hunters are just biding their time and they will need crews.........

I know many are in my situtation, small flight Dept.,aircraft for sale, not flying much, getting paid for now.
How many of these aircraft have sold?
Looks like many of these owners want the aircraft, and flight Dept. to go away and are willing to take a loss to make that happen. If they do it now it will be a BIG loss. On top of this most have taken advantage, in good times, of large depreciation. If thats the case, even selling at a loss, the capital gain tax will be more than they may be willing to pay.
So how many have actually sold?

Our bird is in the hangar, sitting. We got a trip mid March, that's it. I know there are a lot of Astra's being purchased by south American companies on the cheap. We're getting signed up for charter, but we'll see how that goes. I may have to go back to engineering.

We almost boought a Citation 550SP just because it was $800K and current. Don't really need it. But it was damn cheap.

We dry leased our GIII to a Venezuelan Oil company back in December and have just laid off another one of our pilots on the Hawker 800. We are also looking at changing certificates for our Charter work right now. Things are bad....

Latest resources

Back