Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steve

Curtis Malone
I've read that its a popular question at some regionals. My honest answer is that I would like to fly for one of the ACMI like Gemini or Atlas. I like the idea of being away for 15-20 days at a time and then having a few weeks in a row off.

How do you think this would go over? If asked where I see myself in 5 years my answer would be as either a Senior F/O or Capt at ________(fill in whomever I am interview with) which would hopefully lead me to an ACMI gig.

What do you guys/gals think ?

Last edited:
In the training department. Thats my answer, and I'm sticking too it.

Last edited:
Where do I see myself in 10 years? As someone put it... on the boat, drink in hand, watching the carnage on the beach. :p

I doubt that'll become reality, but it is my fantasy.

I respond with this question with: "I see myself as a captain of a large turbine powered aircraft."

Its the truth and it doesn't give up any more info on who you want to fly for, where you want to live, etc, etc. Very basic answer but a very fair one in my opinion.

I respond with this question with: "I see myself as a captain of a large turbine powered aircraft."

Its the truth and it doesn't give up any more info on who you want to fly for, where you want to live, etc, etc. Very basic answer but a very fair one in my opinion.

Like the maritime idustry... globalization and liberalization of the atlantic routes and the way foreign carriers can do business will make the wages of a captain of a large turbine powered jet not vialbe for guys like you and me.

US/EU Open Skies..... get informed or the market will price you out....

Where do I see myself in ten years....

furloughed and working at pizza hut, divorced, bald, bitter and generally cranky.

Workin' in a condom factory poking holes in em'....because I'm a bitter, lost my medical pilot hoping everybody else can be as miserable as I am Paying child support!

Latest resources

Back